show us your fish tank

Goldfish died last night had it for 18 years R.I.P. Goldie
nice setups guys keep the pictures coming always looking for ideas.

I dug our tank out of the shed earlier this week and decided to get another fish. It's only a very small freshwater tank, about 30 litres. Have a Fluval 1+ sponge filter running to help oxygenate the water. Didn't realise you now have to wait days for the water to stabilise. I even had to de-chlorinate the tap water. Tried to buy a fish and they wouldn't sell me one.

Years ago, you just won a goldfish on hook a duck and dropped it in a tank of cold tap water.

As the tank is so small not sure what fish to get. Maybe a couple of minnows, corydoras or dannio?

Got 4 danio in the end.

1 Zebra
1 Leopard
1 Pearl
1 Orange

Attachments

• IMG_0091.JPG
    IMG_0091.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0092.JPG
    IMG_0092.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0093.JPG
    IMG_0093.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0094.JPG
    IMG_0094.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
I like that Earwig.

Nice one mate!

Mick

I like that Earwig.

Nice one mate!

Mick

It has sprung a leak though, only minuet but worried to repair it incase it gets worse. I moved it from the kitchen to living room and since then it has been weeping.

Nice earwig :)
thought you would of bought a lizard though after our chat the other day ;)

Nice earwig :)
thought you would of bought a lizard though after our chat the other day ;)

LOL, that's why I got the tank out tbh. But at least with fish we can go away for weekends and not worry too much about them.

I like to see a tank with a good head of water lots of room to swim around did she nag alot....... lol

Earwig,

Did you find the leak?

If you can, it's better to sillicone a small piece of glass over the crack?

It might be the seams and with a tank that small just put the fish in a bucket with your original water and re-seal the seams mate, will be a breeze.

Make sure its completely dry before you apply the sillicone!

Mick

Earwig,

Did you find the leak?

If you can, it's better to sillicone a small piece of glass over the crack?

It might be the seams and with a tank that small just put the fish in a bucket with your original water and re-seal the seams mate, will be a breeze.

Make sure its completely dry before you apply the sillicone!

Mick

I think it's just a pin hole as it seems to have stopped now. I was coming from the seam, each corner has a plastic protective beading sealed on and it was weeping behind as I could see little beads running down from behind it.

I marked the water level and monitored the side and the water level and it has been ok. A guy from work is dropping me a slightly bigger tank over tomorrow, but TBH I'm thinking of getting a bigger one on payday later in the month.

Mate at work dropped of his old tank today.

Much bigger than my original. Just waiting before I transfer the fish to their new home. Bet they feel like pikeys! ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0095.JPG
    IMG_0095.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0091.JPG
    IMG_0091.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
Got a baby Red Cherry Shrimp today and introduced him/her (difficult to tell) to the rest of the tank. It's not red yet, more clear and difficult to keep track cos it's so small. Quick little fecker though when it wants to be!

I'll try and get some pics up

Sammi the Red Cherry Shrimp

Attachments

• IMG_0112.JPG
    IMG_0112.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0149.JPG
    IMG_0149.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0150.JPG
    IMG_0150.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
i'm not a fishy person unless its got batter on it, but there is some really nice looking picture in these posts.

Heres mine first lot of plants i got didnt do very well so i pulled them out and ordered a 30" collection from plants alive which came this morning. It's still a bit murky from planting but will soon clear again should look good once the plants take and grow up.

Attachments

• 20120912_171319[1].jpg
    20120912_171319[1].jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 21
Not really into fish but thought those that are might be interested in what is, allegedly, the World's smallest fishtank...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back