show us your fish tank

bro

Inactive User
Reaction score
my daughter has been pecking my head to get a fish tank,will probably end up giving in to her and getting one,would love to see some of your setups :proud:

my daughter has been pecking my head to get a fish tank,will probably end up giving in to her and getting one,would love to see some of your setups :proud:

kids often loose interest when they find the will have a tank with no fish, for 1 or 2 months first! as the tank/filter needs cycled first.
but here is one of mine

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nice, angel fish arent some of them you have got,,,,me mam used to have some huge ones a few years ago

i used to keep tropical up untill a wee while back looking at get a marine tank on the go so i`ll be looking for advice if anyone has any

nice, angel fish arent some of them you have got,,,,me mam used to have some huge ones a few years ago

yep some of those buggers grow enormous. 12 inches from top fin to bottom fin is not unusual. the silver dollars will reach 8-10 inches. and that's body depth, not length.

kids often loose interest when they find the will have a tank with no fish, for 1 or 2 months first! as the tank/filter needs cycled first.
but here is one of mine

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

got some nice fish there mate, my mum has got a fish tank with tropical fish will take a pic in a bit and upload it :)

Ilove post,s like this

My first tank well not really had loads before but no pics ,sure mickeyd has 1 of these a 24g D&D nano

lg15.jpg

Iv,e upgraded since then this 1 is my 27" cube made by fit filtration

DSCF2095.jpg

DSCF2101.jpg

Sun Coral
IMAG0016.jpg

Brain/maze coral
IMAG0007.jpg

Acro
DSCF2078.jpg

Plate coral
DSCF2074.jpg

Red sea weed very desirable stuff this
DSCF2053.jpg

Red legged hermit
DSCF2046.jpg

Cleaner shrimp
DSCF2091.jpg

2 Clowns
DSCF2059.jpg

Acro
DSCF2078.jpg

xenia
DSCF2076.jpg

More LPS
DSCF2014.jpg

DSCF2030.jpg

POLYPS
DSCF2049.jpg

Plating Monti Red
DSCF2083.jpg

My bike had to put this 1 in
P100617_191638.jpg

Have loads more stuff but this not just a fish tank but a reef tank

nice looking tank,seen them shrimp today in a fish shop :proud:

think i will stick to tropical for the moment lol

do anybody know the name of these long black fish with the white stripe

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rua7916nfGI&feature=related#"]YouTube - kissing fish[/ame]

another me mam used to have a while ago,,,looked cool in her tank

Last edited:
do anybody know the name of these long blash fish with the white stripe

Yes mate, they are Black Ghost , knife fish.

We have a pair on our tank, they are nearly blind and hunt using a self generated electrical field, like an electric eel.

They can swim backwards and forwards.
Just beware they are predators and can grow up to 12" and more.

Only feed on live or frozen food (wont eat flake).
Will eat small neon tetras and guppies as they grow.

this is my tank at the moment 2foot

i got kissing gouramas,neon(only one left),convicts,tiger bars and some other
fish i havnt a clue about and a plec

this is my tank at the moment 2foot

i got kissing gouramas,neon(only one left),convicts,tiger bars and some other
fish i havnt a clue about and a plec
whats that blue one under the kissing fish in the first pic

Yes mate, they are Black Ghost , knife fish.

We have a pair on our tank, they are nearly blind and hunt using a self generated electrical field, like an electric eel.

They can swim backwards and forwards.
Just beware they are predators and can grow up to 12" and more.

Only feed on live or frozen food (wont eat flake).
Will eat small neon tetras and guppies as they grow.

thanks stihl,,may get some of them when i acquire a tank,great fish to watch

according to the missis the blue one called blue malawi,kribensis,convict cichlid,
Odessa barbs, we got them today to put in with the gouramas,neon,tiger barbs,and plec

they look nice,i was in a shop today,oasis .clowes street salford.some nice setups in there,wish i had more dollar but you got to start somewhere :proud:

If you are looking at getting a tank, look in the local free ads and super market notice boards. There is some good kit to be had there at times.

just bought a 3 foot one,,,heater, pump sand and water conditioner,aint got any money left for plants and fish :(

just bought a 3 foot one,,,heater, pump sand and water conditioner,aint got any money left for plants and fish :(

:roflmao: I done that about 10 years ago, great setup with nothing in it for about 2 weeks lol

Back