Should the Shoutbox be Moved

• Shoutbox Moved Back to Top of Realtime Posts

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • Leave it Where it is Now

Votes: 13 37.1%

• Total voters
all good thing come to those who wait

mickie get the finger out lol:proud:

The shout box is problematic. Don't hold your breath.

Last edited:
Because people use it even less where it is now, before if someone shouted you could see it and answer them, now it's hidden away and unless you specifically go looking for it you don't see it.

now thats the truth, slow forum dwn a lot, but as its got its own location speed has improved a lot.

Is the speed improving issue not to do with Mickie working on the servers rather than necessarily the sb?

And it could always be taken away from the location it is in now and put solely on top of realtime posts, that way it's still only in one location, would that not be the same thing as far as speed is concerned?

are you shouting again eva i heard from afar:Clap:,only use shoutbox when i think of it lol:banana:

its technical i don't really understand it myself, but i know it puts a load on the server when its under real-time posts, Mickie maybe putting it back I'm not 100% sure what he is doing with it.

Who knows lol.

Are you confused with the realtime posts and above the forums ?

I might try and put it on realtime posts

Again let me know

Mickie

No i'm not confused with above the forums and realtime posts, the page i use most (and i assume other people do too) is the realtime posts page, that way you can chat (if the sb is there lol) and keep an eye on posts at the same time :)

Ok ok ;)

I will try and put it there for you :)

Mickie

is it working ?

I told the mod to go where you wanted but its doing nothing lol ;)

I might need to look into this more, maybe remove it and put a new one on... seen a newer one that uses memcache but might take some time and my mrs wants to go out... plus its her time of the month and I wont argue with her lol.

Mickie

Wise man, the mrs is always right. ;)

I didn't mean do it right this second lol, just as long as you hadn't forgotten about it that's all :)

Tbh i wouldn't bother putting too much effort into it if you are switching to vb4, as you would have to change sb then anyway. :)

Last edited:
Not sure about vb4... been thinking about it but it seems its a very load intensive software version of vbulletin.

I never went to 3.8 because of this either.

Mickie

Back