should smoking be banned

gypseyfingers

Inactive User
Reaction score
i think leave the smokers alone.... they are paying tax on them.if they stop smoking all together were is the goverment going to get that money from what they make on cigs...probley our pay packets:grab:

smoking shouldnt be banned but i dont want to smell your smoke when im sitting having a meal or minding my own business. You have to respect others when smoking.

smoking shouldnt be banned but i dont want to smell your smoke when im sitting having a meal or minding my own business. You have to respect others when smoking.

Agree with that, I smoke, but I dont smoke in restaurants peoples homes etc, But I think that Pubs etc there should still be a smoking and non smoking area.

the ban is in Scotland and Ireland now and its coming here, so tough sh*te, if we still want to smoke we have to put up with it and go outside

Its our choice, give up or continue. nobody made me smoke and I dont have the right to inflict smoke on others if they are in my company

and the smoke will just stay in the no smoking area will it?

dont understand yr reply m8 LOL

If you mean the smoke will just stay in the SMOKING area will it? then probally not unless the area is well ventilated and totally seperate from the non smoking area. I dont mean one room with two different areas open plan, No point what so ever in that,

i am an x smoker i smoked for hmm 33yrs packed up now for 5 yrs

i can see the sence in making it nearlly imposible for ppl to smoke
ie restrictions on where they can smoke and also the price

well get ready for some serious tax rises if everybody packs up
at the moment the gov take in 7.5 billion pounds in revenue off smokers for smoking rellated illnessit costs the nhs 2.2 billion
so what happens to the other 5.3 billion???

how much do u think taxes will have to go up to replace that
maybe that is why they r starting on conjestion charges
a way to replace the missing billions

if ppl want to smoke let them
why not have public houses that only allow smokers in
also u can have restraunts for smokers only

why not that ???
will stop all the crying

i believe the ppl who complain about smokers mostly r the ppl who used to smoke
to me showing will power isnt as stong as they think
ppl can smoke by me in my house

i dont give a fook

That 'ill do me nicely, the wife doesnt smoke, I could leave her at home every time i went for a pint:FRIGHT:
i think i will run for parliment

who will vote for me???????????????????????

Let’s all give up driving saves us breathing car exhaust fumes or is that the next thing

if the government wanted a total ban it would happen trouble is they make 2 much bloody money

will you promise to issue free cigarettes to all smokers in these special bars along with pints @ 50p and instruct all barmaids to tell telephone callers that we left 20 minutes ago.

If so then yes

If davidh gets voted in and makes this law, I'm going to START smoking! ... lol

most of the smokers that I know are quite happy to abide by the new law they know it makes sense and it might just help them to stop.

I was reading in the paper this morning that firms that erect marquee type things are making a killing. Lots of pubs are sorting out covered & heated outside areas.

They want to sort the smoke an fumes thats damagin our planet 1st, oh i forgot that costs THEM money.

I agree with this public smoking ban.

I work as a bar tender, and all the passive smoking really is disgusting. Why should my health deteriorate because of some selfish ignorant TWATS :) lol.

i am an x smoker i smoked for hmm 33yrs packed up now for 5 yrs

i can see the sence in making it nearlly imposible for ppl to smoke
ie restrictions on where they can smoke and also the price

well get ready for some serious tax rises if everybody packs up
at the moment the gov take in 7.5 billion pounds in revenue off smokers for smoking rellated illnessit costs the nhs 2.2 billion
so what happens to the other 5.3 billion???

how much do u think taxes will have to go up to replace that
maybe that is why they r starting on conjestion charges
a way to replace the missing billions

if ppl want to smoke let them
why not have public houses that only allow smokers in
also u can have restraunts for smokers only

why not that ???
will stop all the crying

i believe the ppl who complain about smokers mostly r the ppl who used to smoke
to me showing will power isnt as stong as they think
ppl can smoke by me in my house

i dont give a fook

that is so ture tax tax all them lot who not smoke will now have to pay more
tax. i smoked for 30 yrs and stop now for 4 yrs and dont mind any one smoking around me as long as not in my house and when out at dinner

I can remeber a time when people used to get just as worked up about smoking being banned at work as they do about it been in public places. Yet now we take it for granted that if you want to smoke at work you have to go outside. I think the sooner they ban smoking in public places the better.

smokking should be ban........now-a-days it is trend or fashion to smoke.......some youngsters smoke to show-up among there friends and they smoke in public place.....

Let’s all give up driving saves us breathing car exhaust fumes or is that the next thing

What planet are you on, have you seen how mush tax is already on fuel, and what about Road Tax, or Conjestion charges, lol what do you mean next, it is already here, we just ain't realised it yet.

As for the original point, I am a non smoker never have never will, my wife smokes my dad smoked and died at the age of 64, through cancer...do i think their should be a total ban on smoking, NO. It is called choice. You choose to smoke I choose not to smoke, would I like my wife to stop, YES, but again it is ger choice not mine..

Back