shorting battery

corey

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have read about shorting the battery to reset box do you take out battery or leave it in also is it correct to connect/touch the + and - thanks

Depens on what box your talking about, if the battery is a small round silver one that can be removed easily then you will probably fing it has a red jumper next to it which you just remove, if it is a large Varta battery the yes you just touch both ends at the same time with a paperclip or piece of wire for 20-30 seconds and that will have the same effect as removing it.

Sorry forgot this was the sammy section just ignore the first part of my answer.

also draindet just aquired two sammys one from poole dorset and one from fareham will i have much of a job with the net id im in pure davic if i do the battery thing will it find it auto cheers

Yes mate if you are pure n*l then the sammys will find their own net id but you will need to set the frequency and pin in the engineers menu before you connect them to the feed.

thanks

pleased about that only done a 4010 before hoping to get the bk and ird off the card can the ird be obtained in the engineers menu or on a sticker on the scart like the pace draindet

Yes mate in the em but not always on a sticker, but you will have to convert the nagra serial code using windows calculator.

you can get your ird from the sticker underneath the box, the number starts with 104. enter the number into a calculater and press hex and viola! you have your number, by the way ird starts with 3E

corey said:
pleased about that only done a 4010 before hoping to get the bk and ird off the card can the ird be obtained in the engineers menu or on a sticker on the scart like the pace draindet

jtag it to make sure wrt bk

I know this is a daft question but you short the battery with the power off right?

A couple of points for you:

- Yes you short the battery with the power off, two or three seconds should do it, if you short it for too long you risk damaging the battery.

- A sammy will set its own netid in Langley (pure NTL) areas ONLY if it has Langley firmware installed. Your Poole box will be Bromley (exC&W), and I'm pretty sure the Fareham one will be too. You can check this by looking at the top of the last page in the engineers menu - the firmware version will be something like 3_2Lxxxx (Langley) or 3_2B (Bromley). This is not a problem, it just means you have to set the netid manually (either via jtag or funcard). As soon as the box is connected it will then take a Langley update and from that point on it will behave as a Langley box (e.g. if you reset the netid again, it should subsequently auto-detect).

D'oh - just noticed the dates on the OP, I guess the bit about Langley / Bromley boxes is a bit late :)

Back