Short Memory?

mobad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Its been 2 years since ive really touched my xbox now and I think its about time I did.
I modded it with a ice solderless chip which still works but I have to press it down so it meets the points however it all functions correctly.

I would like to update the dashboard as its been over 2-3 years and I would like to download a shoot em up game like Resistance on the PS3.
Any ideas and guides pls?
Cheers for the help in advace!

You can find the latest XBMC here [thread]115820[/thread] this is the best dashboard to use IMO and as far as games go they have stopped making new games for the xbox so you will just have to stick with whats already out there.

Try torrents etc.

I'm upgrading my dashboard after 2-3 years. AT the moment I have 2 dashboards to choose from.
Main one is Evolution X.

I am using Xenium solderless chip.
I can ftp to my xbox drive and it has 7 drive letters -
C, D, E, F, X, Y & Z.

C has Audio, Bios, Backup, Fonts, Media, SKins, xbox dash data and xodash as the sub folders.

D has nothing inside.

E has Apps, Cache, Emulators, Games, Saves, Screenshots, TData & UData as subfolders.

My question is how do I do a fresh install?
I've downloaded XBMC SVN 2007-03-23 (23rd of March 2007) rev8306 PROPER (48mb file).

Ok first thing to do is install XBMC in your Apps folder E:\Apps\XBMC

Then you need to copy SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe to your c:\ and rename it to what ever your bios loads as dash.

XBMC said:
_DASHBOARD INSTALL__________________________________________________________
Option 1. Team XBMC's shortcut tool.
It's included in the _tools folder as >>SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe<< + >>SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.cfg<<.
Instructions here: http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.php?title=As_a_Dashboard (Option 1).
Rename the >>SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe<<+.cfg & also EDIT the .cfg so it matches your config.
See APPLICATION INSTALL above.
Option 2. Thanks to an app called >>Team UIX's Xbe Shortcut Maker v1.0<< by JbOnE, it's now easy...
Transfer contents of XBMC folder (this is >>VERY<< important since the tool is hardcoded) TO >>/E:/APPS/XBMC/<<.
Rename >>SHORTCUT by TEAM UIX.xbe<< to something your bios can boot (see http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.php?title=As_a_Dashboard or read your BIOS README) and transfer to location your mod solution boots. No need to fiddle with HOME tag anymore, and future upgrades you need not to worry about this file (unless you move XBMC).

Ok im up to the point where ive uploaded everyting but I am not quite sure what to rename the shortcuts to?

What i did was make a copy of the evolutionx dash (e:\dash) as an application (paste into e:\apps\evox ).

Then i renamed the main dash xbe file (in e:\dash)-mine was DEFAULT.xbe---just added a 1 to the end of it (e.g. DEFAULT1.xbe)to stop it being loaded, then rename the xbmc SHORTCUT.XBE to what the original dash (DEFAULT.xbe) was called.

On your system the filenames may be different as your using a chip.

Hope that helps

DOS

Make sure you have a CD that you can boot back into a dash with FTP access. This has saved me from many a borked XBMC install!

Back