Sherlock Holmes Tv show

Manse

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone watch the new Sherlock Holmes.
First one seemed ok for a modern take on it.

Haven't watched it. Get fed up of all these re-invention programs on the box. You'd think the amount we pay for Tv Licences, they'd come up with something original.

Sherlock Holmes belongs in the late 19th/early 20th century.

JohnO

You'd think the amount we pay for Tv Licences

lol - it's hardly JUST the BBC is it?

tv shows like the prisoner, V, etc, films for years recently have all either been sequels or remakes - look whats been out recently- a-team, karate kid, alice in wonderland, the wolfman, star trek, even a madmax remake on the way. we're in and have been in a nostalgic era for a while now, always looking back.

tv shows like the prisoner, V, etc, films for years recently have all either been sequels or remakes - look whats been out recently- a-team, karate kid, alice in wonderland, the wolfman, star trek, even a madmax remake on the way. we're in and have been in a nostalgic era for a while now, always looking back.

I watched the 1st ep and thought they just totally copied the way Guy Ritchie done it in his film, with him rattling through the clues with the camera zooming in fast then slowing down when focused on that particular part.

Not sure what to make of the modern setting.

But at least there is Drama being made and not fecking sole/job destroying reality TV shows.

'the silence' was quite good the other week and then tonight ( i think) 'the deep' doesn't look too bad.

but yeah, i admit, it looked like a bit of a quick 'cash in' on richie's film.

nicotine patches instead of opium?? Give me ye olde Sherlock anytime, what's next Guitar Hero, instead of a violin, bong instead of a pipe...?

What are repeats, remakes and nostalgia to some of us older guys are new films to the young-uns. I mean the A team was 1983 so anyone in their teens now wont have seen it.

Some of the remakes are ok, some are crud though.

I enjoyed it and lets be honest just how many films/programs have 100% original plots anyway ?

You could tell it was made by the Doctor Who brains but thats no bad thing.

Was easy, enjoyable entertainment.

i enjoyed it right up until moriarty opens his mouth, then i fell about laughing

Back