shall we carry on ?

osborne82, I believe you're doing a great job along with all the others helping.

Getting a basic environment for compiling an image is an important step.
I am sure we will get to the actual modding of the image, I for one would love to change some of the "features" on the current image, with a hope my changed can be reflected in future DW builds.

Please continue :)

things as :
enigma_mainmenu.cpp (main menu)
- enigma_setup.cpp (settings menu)
- enigma_scan.cpp (scanning menu)
- setup_extra.cpp (extra settings - i would call this the 'service menu' on neutrino)
- setup_osd.cpp (colour/display settings menu)
- setup_network.cpp (network menu)
- software_update.cpp (flashing/backup menu)
Top man, this is the kind of stuff I want, I presume you can create more menus and any C++ files you add you need to stick it in the makefile?

I haven't looked around the source as yet, (busy at work) but next week I should have lots of time to scope around everything.

Are the plugins written in C++? I am keen on looking at the recording plugin myself, see if I can do anything to make it a bit better.

Top man, this is the kind of stuff I want, I presume you can create more menus and any C++ files you add you need to stick it in the makefile?

I haven't looked around the source as yet, (busy at work) but next week I should have lots of time to scope around everything.

Are the plugins written in C++? I am keen on looking at the recording plugin myself, see if I can do anything to make it a bit better.

Complete Enigma/Neutrino/Lcars are written in C++
Cheers

hi i enjoyed doing that first stage at compiling as this is all new to me lol

i dont know how it worked but it did lol

i guess every one has got there own level of pc skills or what operating system they are using ,can be a bit daunting to some to add a new os. found it a new experiance to, but learnt some thing new .
i would like to carry on with it, i dont know alot about pc stuff its all a challenge to me,as im a heavy handed scaffolder by trade lol
that first stage was explained well enough for me to understand thanks ,i know it will get harder but as long as the these stages are worded well for every one to understand for people trying this or just reading the tutorials to have some confidence to try themselves.
before i joined this site i didnt even know what an image was lol , and ive learnt every thing i know about images,pc stuff from people on here.
thanks
westkill: colors1

hi osbourne

ive read every thing on here a couple of times but actually doing some of these things is a different matter lol: shocked2

hi osbourne

ive read every thing on here a couple of times but actually doing some of these things is a different matter lol: shocked2

hehe well thats why we posted it all so people may look and read as many times as need be till it sinks in :) but i was the same when i first started playing with images

edit this and add this line here eh what the feck? it had me thinking for a while it does sink in trust me :)

but another reason we opened here is so u can post your problem or question no matter how small the question is ask us im sure the guys can help u :)
where bouts u getting stuck my friend ?

cheers
osborne82

hi osbourne

Mate, as osborne say:

If You or anybody else have ANY KIND OF PROBLEM, please let us know.
We are all here to help each other, so please don't be a shame! :)
Sorting things in C++ isn't such a big deal. Everything is very logically ( and compiler will every time give You a status, errors, .... )
Sometime, there is lot's of errors because of one feck'n letter/number/dash/whatever and sometime, You will get message: touch .whatever
and when You one time figured out how it work, that's it. We are all humans and mistakes are normal things.
Cheers

I'm slowing reading catching up on all you guys, you;ve left a good path to follow,
well done all involved in this

Yep I'd like to find out how to do a blue button menu where you can install tar.gz files from tmp and select emus as well as have a plugins menu. I'd also like to assign the yellow button on the remote to bring up the timer menu instead of audio (as I already have an audio button).

Any tips would be great - thanks.

Back