!!!!! Sh!t F*@k Tw@t Cu*t !!!!!

Wanyib

Inactive User
Reaction score
Well, looks like I have killed my sb4200E!!!!

Tried all the different firmwares and it seemed to stop flashing properly. I say that because when I loaded the firmware on only the top light came on which I believe is power? Lost the sticker off the front so not sure!

Tried flashing 2 other firmwares and the same thing happened so put the origional back on and that did the same also!!!!!!

I made a backup of the bootloader when I first got the cable working so re-flashed my bootloader image to the modem thinking maybe that was corrupt and now the top 3 lights come on and the orange one at the bottom which I think is online?

Have I totally screwed my sb4200E or can it be fixed with a FULL flash or by other means?

Going to bed now, stressed from messing with this F@*KING B@STARD £97 piece of SH!T modem!!!!!!!!! 3 F*@KING weeks and still not got the F*@KING thing going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please someone tell me it can be fixed, and how to................

dont worry mate.
You and me.
But my head ache was with a sb5100i.
i had three of them and couldnt get them to work.
didn't realise i was in euro docsis.
If we were in docsis we would be on by now.
Or if we could speak french or german.
It's got to work and that were most of the success must be.
I'mt trying another flash on my sb5100e.
I was hoping you would have got it all going by now and could tell me without me going through all that aggro.
It's good a for a short while cos you have a sense of acheivement,but if it goes on for to long,it just gives you a head ache.
maybe we should stick with the ambits???

Stop hitting enter so many time man lol my eyes are sore enought. ur the only 1 does it.

So does no-one have a full firmware flash and a bootloader flash? Origional Motorola's would be great so I could wipe the chips completely and re-flash it back to default to start again.

Failing that what other options do I have, or is it dead? I thought the whole idea of the blackcat cable was it could fix the modem if it broke, not break it!?

Dont worry mate.
I've killed my modem loads of times.
I've had it with no lights at all and thought the same as you.
The blackcat brought it back to life though.
It's that tcniso dont really help you.
Maybe they cant just say do this and it will work?
And if it has been said in the past we just cant find it cos it's been lost under a load of other threads.
Have alook here.
http://www.unixmexico.org/~uncap/www.surfboard.digitallinx.com/
there should be all you need to get it back to normal.
Haven't really looked at the 4000's yet. can you change the mac on them with the blackcat?
good luck
keep going

Cheers for that will have a look, although I suspect the problem lies with my blackcat cable as it is not even reading the chip this morning........

At least I hope it is the cable as I have looked at all the joints and they seem to be soldered correctly :FRIGHT:

Maybe it wasn't a good idea to cave my modems head in last night before I went to bed....... The f*@ker deserved it though...lol

Looks like I'm back to square one again, getting the blackcat to talk to my modem..........

You and me mate.
all that you are going through now i was doing a couple of weeks ago.
Now i'm sending this message to you on a cloned sb5100e with sigma on it.
It's a slow ass mac but i'll be happy with that for now untill i get then config shite worked out.
i think there's some incompatible-ness with the config and the file.
Or just that they say it ten meg and they are short changing everone.
well except those that dont pay anything.

Back