Phone Unlocking SGH G600 saying limited service

stefblak

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok ive tried the unlock code in the above thread. it just seems to do a master reset. now i have limited service on the screen. is it now fooked can it be saved any answers or pms would be appreciated.

Check the IMEI number of the handset 1st. Do *#06# on the keypad.
if the number is all 00000's then thats your problem. You'll need to either return it to Samsung and have them repair it ot take it to a local market and hope for the best..

Check the IMEI number of the handset 1st. Do *#06# on the keypad.
if the number is all 00000's then thats your problem. You'll need to either return it to Samsung and have them repair it ot take it to a local market and hope for the best..

the imei number comes up ok.

its fine m8.

ok, the codes didnt work, is there an locker? could it be done through bluetooth? will i have to take it to a shop?

ok, the codes didnt work, is there an locker? could it be done through bluetooth? will i have to take it to a shop?

To unlock.......

1-Turn on the phone without sim card .
2-Pull off the battery cover and insert any non-accepted sim card (without turning off the handset)
3-Do full reset *2767*3855# , phone will reboot and goes to Menu .
4-Customize Sp-lock code *7465625*638*00000000*00000000#
5-Unlock your phone with new SP code #7465625*638*00000000#
6-Enjoy G600 unlocked

thx m8, done all the above, still the same m8. just in case is there any way i can check the imie number to see if its nicked?

Yes.

Just phone the original network provider that the phone was locked to.

We do It a couple of times a week. Always say the same thing.

"phone brought in for repair, no faults found, could you please tell me if the handset has been blacklisted by yourselves please". They will always give you a yes or no.
Never been asked what is our companies name, my name, etc..... Even offered to take the handset from the customer (very long story) and return it to them. They weren't interested....

Basically baffled on with the last bit just to assure you that there is no risk in ringing them to get the needed info.

The easiest way to check a blacklisted handset is to try and make a call. Check the signal strength, if you have a strong signal and the call goes drr drr drr (3 beeps) the handset is blacklisted (IMEI barred). What happens is the handset trys to make a call, the IMEI is transmitted to a network database of blacklisted serial numbers, if the handset is listed in the database the call is then blocked and you get the 3 beeps.

A way to prove the signal is fine and the handset is blacklisted, try to access a webpage from the phone. The handset is allowed to use data even though the IMEI is blacklisted.

Hope that helps, it is alot quicker than calling network customer services who 9 times out of 10 don't have a clue what there talking about.

im getting the same prob .....limited service message & the phone nt call out .........so is the only way of getting it done takeing it to a shop/market stall .... + tyed connect 2 the web & it just says servuce unavalible

Last edited:
ive still got this problem m8. guy at the shop said it nreeded unlocked. however he couldnt unlck it and it still says the same thing.

yes m8 i know ....................do u know how they unlock them , iv the data cable here but cant find any software 4 it , iv got some software but it need's the com port to communicate with the phone, im stuck as data cable is usb, or is there a adapter u can get .............M8 SHURLY THERE IS ANASWER TO THIS SOMEWARE OR SPMEONE KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT IT .....ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ITS DRIVING ME MAD !!!

Back