CD & DVD SfV files??

me110r

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys ive downloaded a simulator for the pc, an they've come down as white files unlike usual winrar files, theres 60 files in total all say ppt-tsee.0** then the last file is ppt-tsee.sfv,
ive added all files to winrar archive,
then extracted the winrar file into a different folder an all its done is create more of these white files, my understanding was if i had added to the archive then extracted it would of created a img of some sort so i could burn the sim an off i went,

can any1 help me here?

thnx guys

There are 2 thing that you could do.

If the first file is ppt-tsee.001 then right click on this file and tell winrar to unpack it.

Or it could be that these files need merging together to product the rar file.
I use total commander because it has a merger feature, just select the 001 file and tell it to combine, this will merge all the files into 1 big rar file ready for unpacking.

You could also try quikpar as this can merge files also, as well as check them for errors using the SFV file.

The SFV file is a verification list, used to make sure that the other files are all correct.

hi guys thnx for reply ive used quick par to chaeck the files ect everything ok with them then i used FFSJ to combine files into one winrar file then ive extracted the winrar filean now its just gave me one large 5.48 gb white file properties say:

type of file: file
description: ppt.tsee

size: 5.48gb
size on disc:5.48gb

created: 03/10/10
modified:03/10/10
accessed:03/10/10

any1 got any ideas on how to burn this?

cheers guys

Is it this by any chance,

Trainz Simulator 2010 Engineers Edition MULTi5-PROPHET

Is the file just a plug into to an simulator engine in which case stick it on a USB key or drive.

Very odd that a file that is a DVD image would not be posted as an ISO

all it says in the NFO is

1.unpack, burn or mount
2. install game
using key:****-****-****-****-****-****
3.go to hell!

an so far ive not bin able to unpack or burn lol

I have able to extract the ISO by double clicking .001 file after installing uniextract

Universal Extractor | LegRoom.net

The extract ISO with whatever your favourite ISO tool is, I use UltraISO

strange couple of extra zip files in there, lol

cheers m8 works a treat, goin to make a old man really happy when i pass it on to him l8r haha

an once again thnx for all ur help

I might install it for my boy, see what he thinks of it.

SFV Files

Well I have found that many people do not even use SFV files, let alone know what they are for. Their purpose is to verify the integrity of all the files using a CRC check. Since split RAR files cannot be modified once created (without corrupting them) this is very usefull on this type of file. Any modification in size or structure to the file, usually when your modem messes the data up, will cause the CRC check to fail.

You can easily verify your downloaded files using a special program and the SFV file. The best one I have found is QuickSFV, so download that and install it. Let it associate with at least SFV and whatever else you want. Now all you need to do is double click the SFV and it starts checking the files, simple as that.

edogg

SFV Files

Well I have found that many people do not even use SFV files, let alone know what they are for. Their purpose is to verify the integrity of all the files using a CRC check. Since split RAR files cannot be modified once created (without corrupting them) this is very usefull on this type of file. Any modification in size or structure to the file, usually when your modem messes the data up, will cause the CRC check to fail.

You can easily verify your downloaded files using a special program and the SFV file. The best one I have found is QuickSFV, so download that and install it. Let it associate with at least SFV and whatever else you want. Now all you need to do is double click the SFV and it starts checking the files, simple as that.

edogg

QuickPAR can handle sfv and par files.

Back