Setup Pin & IP Address - DM500S

moe

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All,

Its me again!, though I have am new to this section (usually I was on the DBOX section!!!)

Anyway, I have two quick questions, having just bought a dreambox 500S from a friend (or at least I thought he was).

My so called friend has put a setup password on the dreambox, so my obvious question is,

1. Is there anyway of taking off the setup password without knowing it?
2. How do I FTP to the box without knowing the IP Address (again, I cant get in to the menu's because of the lock).

I have tried searching, but nothing related to my questions came up.

Thanks in advance.

Moe

reflash the box
run a network scanner to find it's ip address or use a null modem cable and serial

plug it into a router and you could also find the ip address that way in "attached devices" under your router settings.....but null modem cable reflash might be a better and easier option...

Hi and thanks for the quick replies. I wont be able to flash the box with a new image. This is because I need to get hold of the CCAM file from it. I think I will try attaching it to my router and then looking under attached devices as stated by dibbers, thanks dibbers!

What pin has he put on it?

I've never seen a plugin that stops you from accessing the network part.

Could you take a picture?

What pin has he put on it?

I've never seen a plugin that stops you from accessing the network part.

Could you take a picture?

I am accessing the network part through the setup menu. I press MENU on the remote and then click on setup. As soon I do that it comes up.

Thanks.

Right just messed about with this.

Get the I.P via your router.

FTP to /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/

You'll see a file inside it called config, right click and choose edit, you'll see the line i:/elitedvb/pins/setuplock=ffffffff

The ffffffff will be your pin.

Hopefuly this works.

that's mint that man! hacker ALERT! lolol....good shizz man

Back