setting up a HDD in my dreambox 800se

OVERSEER

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello members, could somebody post me link for setting up a HDD in my Dreambox 800se..i have it installed and the Dreambox seems to crash if a black screen is crashing? when I try to record, any help or links to setting it up would be great thanks

I normally format it in my PC first to fat32, then install it into the box and initialize it from the box menu,

Then make sure to change recording paths to point to your HDD and you should be good to go :)

hello wiz, thanks for reply,, recording paths is my problem,,I formatted the HDD on my pc first to fat32 as you said, its those paths im am stuck on ?

hello wiz, thanks for reply,, recording paths is my problem,,I formatted the HDD on my pc first to fat32 as you said, its those paths im am stuck on ?

OK then go to

Menu
Setup
System Settings
Recording Paths

Then change the defaults to match your HDD mountpoint :)

Tip: once in there the bouquet button will move you from the list at the bottom to the list at the top

Hi ,, I gave up on internal HDD,, causing me to much grief, black screen and crashing after booting.. I purchased a memory stick and set it.. it seemed fine after setting it up as I recorded one program and when I played it back there was only one minute of the recording from a hour and a half movie. now my Dreambox will not boot..... it powers up, front panel lights and then goes blank with a blue flashing light on right hand side .. so I think Dreambox and myself are not compatible ? does any of this make sense......... Overseer

that blue flashing light usually means stb is rec.if you could maybe try flashing another image.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Is it possible to partition the drive? Im trying to use flashexpander and get a green screen

Back