setting epg with VM server

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys - not getting any epg with this vm server..whats the best way to set up epg for my vu+ultimo with latest bh image . something like rats dw updater thats for sky, something similar for cable..lol..cheers

you have to go in to menu / system / setting's / enable virgin epg

you have to go in to menu / system / setting's / enable virgin epg

ah ok...i think ive got it ....its in the cross epg setup section ....xmltv providers right at the bottom..lol, thanks bobby123 you put me in the right direction...on this topic of epg..i saw somehwere some had the layout and epg exactly like you get with VM...any ideas how ayou do that?..really looked impressive and really cool lol

Last edited:
not using blackhole i was haveing the same problem with openatv went in to epg settings enable virgin

Have you gone into the EPG settings and checked there? If Blackhole have adopted the modification, then it should be there as pictured in attached for PLI images.

What is the image build date?

EDIT: Started typing before your response at 09:45. Your settings in post 3 mean you are not downloading EPG from Virmin feeds, but from the websites hosting it as listed in xmltv importer.

Attachments

• Virgin EPG PLI.jpg
    Virgin EPG PLI.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 36
ok instead of starting a new thread, is it possible to have two epgs at the same tme?..waht i mean is i have sat and cable running on my vu+ultimo with latest BH image, i have epg download setup at 4am in the morning for my sat side of things to my usb stick, now how can i get the cable epg to download at say 5am also on the usb stick, or hard drive.....the way i see it is you can only set the epg from the settings to one device ie usb stick or hard drive..hope you get what i mean..ta

I have both setup through Crossepg i use XEPGDB for the Sat side and XMLTV for the Cable side both work 100% although i am using OpenATV 4.3

I use crossepg for sat and epg refresh for cable on the vix image all works very well

just going to say thanks on here for a post by abu baniaz showing how to set up epg refresh it was a little bit difurent on the zgemma but with his help it got me there so cheers m8 tony

how do you get the virgin media epg to populate ?..ive got a vu+ultimo with bh 2.1.5 image, im using xmltv provders....rytec virgin uk xmltv..downloadeding to usb stick...it goes throught the downloading procedure but epg fails to populate..the only boquet that seems to show epg and populates is the "movies" boquest...every other boquets doesnt show anything..ive rebooted the box, deleted "crossepg" folder from usb stick...rebooted but still not gettong any epg..any ideas...ive got picons on the usb stick , they are working fine...but no epg

Last edited:
Blackhole have been provided the details to add so that you can use stream EPG for UK cable. A request by one person is unlikely to achieve a change. Maybe others could add their names to the request.

yes i doubt theyll do anything for me or one person, how do you conatct the makers of bh images ?..as its the only image im ever gonna use on my recievers.....shame really...now my only option is too go to the sat boquets as they populate and show 7 day epg...see whats on and then go back to cable boquets and watch whats on now and next...if you get what i mean..

Well, if you post in the black hole forum, that will make two requests. There was a fix for rytec floating around somewhere. If I find it I'll post it.

You could try PLI, they have stream EPG for UK cable.

EPGrefresh works great as well combined with the Virmin EPG channel

So this epg refresh plugin works for cable epg in a blackholle image?...any point me in the right direction for this plugin and how to configure it?...

Back