Services and Bouguets

cheechnchomg

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok i keep hearing people saying get the services and bouquets for your area, and put them in your image and this will get you the channels scanning cant.
two questions
1 has anybody got dreamdox Services and Bouguets for t/w (now virgin) for west london / surrey area.
2. once i have them where do i put them,how do i do this , and how will this effect my current bouquets, channel listings ect.
i know this may be basic stuff, but if you dont ask you dont get !!
i am running dejour image (formally wiggies)

Service go in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma.
Bouquets go in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/cable. These are called userbouquet files.

If you get a services file with the channels that you can't get, copy it to the location above and overwrite the file that's there. Open your web browser and paste the following command.

http://192.168.xxx.xxx/cgi-bin/reloadSettings
(replace x with your own ip address)

This will reload the channels in the new services file. You will find them if you press OK then RED (All Channels). Use 'Service Organising' within the Setup menu to move the new channels to their appropriate bouquet.

If you overwrite any of the userbouquet files, these are the individual bouquets on your box. If you take one out, it will disappear from your list. You will have to paste this command in your wen browser before the channge will take effect.

http://192.168.xxx.xxx/cgi-bin/reloadUserBouquets
(replace x with your own ip address)

Hope this helps.

cheers
cant find a full listing for my area
i do have one which has most of the ppv movie stuff and some channels,
if i used this would it wipe out all my current channels and leave me only with these channels?

If you copy the userbouquet files, yes your current channel categories will be replaced. If you only copy across the services file, they will say the same and you can add the new channels manually.

De-Ja-Vue!

so if i copy just the services file, will this leave the service files for for my current channels alone and only add the extra ones?, which i can manually add to my bouquets ??
sorry if i seem a bit slow on this but dont wanna screw up what i already have?

i do have a d-box that gets more channels than my dream.

If you have 200 channels in your current services file, and there are 100 channels in the other one you have, if you copy new one across then you will loose 100 channels.

Try just connecting the dreambox to the main feed and doing a scan. Or swap the dreambox and dbox positions on the feed and see if you get them. Might have a low signal and that's why you're not picking them up on the scan.

cheers
so what i really need is a full services file for my area
anyone ???????
thanks for the advise

just out of interest, if i copied the files over and at a later date did a scan, would this add any missing channels to my new set up , or just wipe out the copied files and take me back to square one ?

A scan adds to the services, it doesn't overwrite it. But if there are channels in the services file, and it can't find them in the scan, it will remove them from the services file.

cheers, but wot i need is telepest, london/ surrey area service files

I live in Virginia Water / Surrey, is that close enough for you?

Back