Service files

montezoomer

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello folks just trying my hand at a Dbox 2 here, getting fed up with the constant hassles you get with a Pace.
Loaded sporter 1.52 and there must be a services and bouquet file already loaded here as all the channel headers came up on screen, I'm not actually conected to the stream here as i'm at work.
So I figured this probably would'nt be relevent to my area (Ntl) and tried to load the xml's for Renfrew, however I lost all channel headers and thought this was'nt a good sign.
I tried sportster 1.7 which does'nt look like it has services etc. preloaded and then tried to load the xml's, still no channel headers.
I'm sure my IP is ok as I check each time I load a different version of sportster, note the changes and adjust my PC settings accordingly.
I'm getting no error messages and I'm using FlashFXP and Dbox Command Centre and still getting the same result.
It's a Nokia with 2 Intel chips with version BMON 1.0
Anyone any ideas?

Whether the box is plugged in or not, the channel line-up will reflect whatever is in your services.xml file, even if it's not the correct one for your area, which it almost certainly won't be using the images from this forum, or anywhere else for that matter.

If you can get a ready-made services.xml for your area, just FTP it to your box, and that should do the trick. If not, once connected to your cable feed, just do a scan, and you're in business. Have you read any of the guides on how to do the basics?

I read the guides but I'm not that great with computers, I tried to ftp a services file for renfrew, I even opened it up to make sure everything was there, however I either only get the channels that are preloaded onto sportster 1.52 or no channels at all with sprtster 1.7, the box won't recognise the new services file which has an up to date channel listing.
Still stuck may have to learn how to do a transponder scan.

montezoomer said:
I read the guides but I'm not that great with computers, I tried to ftp a services file for renfrew, I even opened it up to make sure everything was there, however I either only get the channels that are preloaded onto sportster 1.52 or no channels at all with sprtster 1.7, the box won't recognise the new services file which has an up to date channel listing.
Still stuck may have to learn how to do a transponder scan.
Did you FTP the XML files to the right folder on the Dbox? They go in var/tuxbox/config/zapit on most images, just config if there is no zapit folder. Once they're there, you reboot the box, and the channel list should show content of the new services.xml file.

Dragged and dropped into zapit as you said m8.
Do you open up zapit and then drag file over or just drop it onto the zapit folder or don't it matter?

montezoomer said:
Dragged and dropped into zapit as you said m8.
Do you open up zapit and then drag file over or just drop it onto the zapit folder or don't it matter?
If you're using an FTP app, like WS_FTP, CuteFTP or whatever, you navigate to the zapit folder and drop the files in there. If you're using Windows, it's probably best to open the zapit folder and delete any old services and bouquets in there, as Windows's FTP support can be a little temperamental, and it might not overwrite the old files, which could explain why you kept getting no channels. Once it's done, refresh the view to make sure your new files made it there. Then reboot.

Got it working guys, loaded sporster 1.7 then used flash fxp to delete the older service and bouquet files, also deleted cables xml and loaded my own.
Opened the files up once they were in there and could see that data was correct, plugged into the stream and away we go, have done a tw version for a m8 over the weekend too, they are super fast gettting in and scrolling thro' the menus, well pleased with it, so thanks for your help guys!
Now to figure out what else these babies can do!

Back