seriuos problem with mosc and todays fireware update on langley

TBC

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok i have been to review the firmware update for effects in the last 2 hours.
we will have a serious problem very soon (the next keyroll will see the problem arise)

i keep a specially modified langley 4001 switch to receive no updates all the time and one to take updates (you never know)

well here's the problem ;

if your box took todays firmware update and has a rom10 in it then it will not au tommorrow. i have tested a rom 10 image on both boxes, same card and image. on the box that has not taken the hit (cards au's in seconds)
on the box that has taken the hit (DOES NOT AU AT ALL)

this is why the opus card has failed today when peeps are trying to make it, come tommorrow the opus will fail to update as will certainly all mosc rom 10's

i don't have a rom 11 to test at the moment - i would suggest someone zero the keys on there mosc and test it. please post the results in this thread.

i don't expect boxes from excw running in langley to be affected. so if you have a 1000.1000p1b,2000,4000 then you will not be affected. all sammy's 4001's and 4010's have been affected.

if your box does au with a rom 10 and is a sammy,4001,4010 then i suggest you remove it from stream temporarily while a no update mod is looked into.

please put feedback in this thread.

thanks twobeercans.

more bad news

1000 box without the no update mod has also taken the hit now will not au in langley, someone test a rom11

looks like payback for the cc's mate .now do i pull out my box while its still getting all channels on an opus or see what happens if it fecks up and try to fix it . we have been warned thats for sure .

seems weird tho, how can they **** up a mosc card, all ntl customers are on mosc.

teg said:
looks like payback for the cc's mate .now do i pull out my box while its still getting all channels on an opus or see what happens if it fecks up and try to fix it . we have been warned thats for sure .

zero your keys and reinsert the card - ifit au's and you are langley ntl - pull the box until a no update mod is devised (my advice) if it doesn't au then your F@@ked LOL

you can always put the keys back on - of course i still have the ability to get they keys, love me telly lol.

do you mean an anti update mod for the box or for the cards . ive got a spare box and card for playing with . you now how it is lol.

dear me
i have a dbox (working fine)
just tried my pace box (not been on feed for a week, just plugged it in there)
wrote a new mosc card (didnt have one b4 in it, just knew bk and ird)
it dont autoupdate!
its a rom10 mosc
i have rom 11's
could rom 11's work?

TBC = how can they be doin this to mosc cards?
seems strange

:Jester: its some kind of security check the box is doing on the cards - they havn't altered the key transmission. so dboxes are unaffected. however all updating cards will likely be affected. could someone please try a mosc rom11 card and post the results - DO NOT PUT BOXES IN STREAM THAT HAVN'T BEEN IN ALREADY TODAY. we can probably find a no update mod for them so the mosc an au cards will work.

theres gonna be a lot of unhappy people on here come next key roll hahahahah

i tell a lie it did au, left it in for 5mins, eventually just updated
phew

cryptik said:
i tell a lie it did au, left it in for 5mins, eventually just updated
phew
please email me the image matey pm sent

had same problem about ten minutes ago with rom 10 but seems to be ok btw.. im in pure ntl area ... when problem manesfested i tried a AU rom 11 and it worked ok, programmed opus didnt update at first pulled card out and put in m rom 11 mosc pdated put opus back surprisely it updated in seconds, the box did have update

had same problem about ten minutes ago with rom 10 but seems to be ok now, btw.. im in pure ntl area ... when problem occurred i tried a AU rom 11 and it worked ok (put keys to zeros it updated ), i then programmed an opus unfortunately it didnt update at first, I pulled the card out and replaced it with a rom 10 it updated in about 1m.30 seconds ( that was a bit long)i then put opus back surprisely it updated in seconds, the box did have a update prior to this, i had to reboot box cus when i put in original card it gave error messages ( card dislodged which is easily explained it locked up for a while so i booted into diag menu and found out it complained about comm err and no tstream (dodgy card reader contact i thought ) so changed card reader same problem it looks ike it is interrogating the card more thorough , because when i put an updating opus in then switched back to fun with the current keys it it came up with the unsubscribed message even though it worked minutes ago i then put in the original card back in and it recognised it immediately put the fun card in... guess what....yes it worked i am not sure if this is a quirk with this particular box d4001n or because of the update

Last edited:
phew got rom 10 working and updating fine now also opus is updating now so it was like they had changed the emms ie not puting the rom 10 updating signature in stream

doh been trying to make a sanny mosc for ages, just aint working :(

this is all very strange - the rom 10 images have started to update now - all of them, but a good deal slower and now requiring a reboot with card in.
normally i have been able to put card in while box is on and presto.
now they take upto minutes but in the pre update box the images update in less than 90 seconds. the opos are also very slow to update now but fast in the pre update box.

oh well we can all stoppanicking now by the look of it - LOL knew i should of gone straight to bed hahahahah - my bad seems i panicked for no reason.
but it is still very strange.

am trying to do a sammy mosc, b4 it kept saying unscribed, now its just black :(

rom 11

riskta pm your ird and bk and ill make u a image to upload to the card

Back