serious work injury and dnt know where to get the best help

monalisa37

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys thought I would start this forum due to not getting the right advice on my legal and work rights due to me having a serious accident at work which as resulted in myself having half my index finger amputated, does anyone have any legal advice please.

thanx lisa :Angryfire

Ex slipped at work and did her knee in, she went to a solicitor and they went through everything with her. She ended up with about £7k (after their 30%) even claimed for me having to take time off and look after her and taxis to appointments etc

Sent from my HTC One_M8

I would point the finger at your works first (sorry for the pun Lisa).What have they said about this matter? What is there policies on this?. Health and safety would be interested in this case too.:(

Are you in the Unite union?

Hi ya Oily unfortunately they don't have a union where I work as they will not have any but I will look into joining one outside the company, I am one of 4 members on the committee for my work colleagues and the ironic think is I am also on the Health & Safety committee. :lol:

Thanks for ur reply Lisa {monalisa37}

Hi ya miggy, thanx for the pun made me giggle tbh lol, I've been keeping my floor manageress up to date with my progress since Monday on the fone, So I don't actually know what has been said as no senior management have contacted me. Well as for the head of our health and safety depo as I found out today said she couldn't come out for at least 10 days so my boss got onto the head of HR who of course told her she had to be out first thing in the morning. I have typed up my statement for which I have to go into work and hand in Monday, so I probably find out more then. Ironically I am on the heath and safety committee at work aswell as a rep on the works committee and more then several occasions I have reported issues with the packing machine which due to the engineer's not fixing the problem resulted in my accident.

just claim m8 every company has liability insurance , u will get well over £10000 for that

just claim m8 every company has liability insurance , u will get well over £10000 for that
Don't forget the help you got here ;)
Unite have pretty good lawyers by all accounts,might be worth inquiring.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

hi Smirnoff, thanx for ur reply, I have spoke to a solicitor and have started the ball rolling in making a claim, im just waiting on the paperwork to come through... and thanx to miggy sending me a link for injuries at work I AM defiantly getting compo of them..

Thanx again guys for all the support and replying on my thread. im sure I wont forget I be able to afford a full 1 yr subscription next time lol

Last edited:
Back