Serious Question

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is it do you think people like to bicker ? theres healthy debates and theres bickering,theres always the same names in there too

there has to be a reason lol

I know we all have different points of view

but Ive noticed some posts in the rant room can go on to 30 odd pages 400ish reply 4000 views in so many days lol

just curious :)

Why is it do you think people like to bicker ? theres healthy debates and theres bickering,theres always the same names in there too

there has to be a reason lol

I know we all have different points of view

but Ive noticed some posts in the rant room can go on to 30 odd pages 400ish reply 4000 views in so many days lol

just curious :)

I think the current one running is a good healthy debate (for a change ) lots of good points of views being expressed but i know what your saying John about the same names.

There is nothing wrong with good healthy debate its just a shame that there are people who troll these threads.

I think the current one running is a good healthy debate (for a change ) lots of good points of views being expressed but i know what your saying John about the same names.

Agreed you can't beat a good debate but it's sad when it gets personal, there's no need to have a go at someone just cos they hold a different opinion.

agree with you, threads start ok but soon end up slanging matches with nothing to do with the original topic, just peeps trying to wind others up, but then again thats life i suppose

Im all for a good debate :) its the ones that get out of hand that get ya down :(

I try to avoid most tbh unless Im pointed to them by someone

I was just asking as I wondered what attracted people to this kinds post

don't usually get involved in many but it's good to let off steam now and again.

some people would cause an argument in a monastery tho.

Im all for a good debate :) its the ones that get out of hand that get ya down :(

I try to avoid most tbh unless Im pointed to them by someone

I was just asking as I wondered what attracted people to this kinds post

:sad: you dont mean me do you m8, {some people seem to think i write agressively}--------------im all for a good laugh myself

don't usually get involved in many but it's good to let off steam now and again.

some people would cause an argument in a monastery tho.

No i wouldn't, shut it :banana:

:sad: you dont mean me do you m8, {some people seem to think i write agressively}--------------im all for a good laugh myself

no m8 not at all :) there not hard to spot m8 lol

no m8 not at all :) there not hard to spot m8 lol

What we need John is a new section that teaches us wot some of the big words being used by some mean. Im totally lost by the conjecture of some of these lol

lol no one would be able to mod it Ian and none of us can spell ot know what the big words mean anyway :)

I thought about this in the past......when ive ended up having a spat either on here or even other forums ect....Personally it usually comes down to two things. 1 obvious is difference of opinion. 2. misinterpretation of posts. The written word can and does sound so different from the spoken word. Hence when we are down the pub and these discussions crop up (well they do in my local) we always end up seeing and respecting the others point of view, whilst obviously putting our own across in a forceful but non confrontational way this is what leads to heated but healthy debate. No fall outs no fights ect....just guys and gals ranting at the end of a hard week.....This just doesn't happen on the net.
Also on the net you have other things to add into the mix. 1. Trolls 2. People with too much time on their hands 3. Under age kids posing as adults 4. No accountability.....chances are the guy your calling out will never lay eyes on you......but we all realise that in real life our words are heard and associated with who we are and how we are perceived.

Its just the way it is on the internet, kinda hard to swallow sometimes, but overall the pluses generally outweigh the minuses so we all keep coming back for more.:Cool2:

Right im done posting for tonight lol. Look at all them bloody long words i had to spell. Im now going to open my wine:beer:

I thought about this in the past......when ive ended up having a spat either on here or even other forums ect....Personally it usually comes down to two things. 1 obvious is difference of opinion. 2. misinterpretation of posts. The written word can and does sound so different from the spoken word. Hence when we are down the pub and these discussions crop up (well they do in my local) we always end up seeing and respecting the others point of view, whilst obviously putting our own across in a forceful but non confrontational way this is what leads to heated but healthy debate. No fall outs no fights ect....just guys and gals ranting at the end of a hard week.....This just doesn't happen on the net.
Also on the net you have other things to add into the mix. 1. Trolls 2. People with too much time on their hands 3. Under age kids posing as adults 4. No accountability.....chances are the guy your calling out will never lay eyes on you......but we all realise that in real life our words are heard and associated with who we are and how we are perceived.

Its just the way it is on the internet, kinda hard to swallow sometimes, but overall the pluses generally outweigh the minuses so we all keep coming back for more.:Cool2:

Right im done posting for tonight lol. Look at all them bloody long words i had to spell. Im now going to open my wine:beer:

Another good post m8.
You do talk some sense:Clap:

yep agree with Ian good post m8

it is hard on forums to read what people mean in terms of tones in voice etc looks of faces

you know what I mean :)

guilty

i like a good mass debate ;) but, i wont tolerate people bullshitting or bullying. if i see this then i will always pipe up and say something

.. then there's the Agent Provocateurs .. u know who u are ,,

and things do get out of hand but show me a forum that doesn't! especially one this size. most ppl are 'friends' again shortly after an argument. like lovers Lol. well, most ..

great idea, lets create a pub atmosphere and diddy can get the first round in lol
:Clap:

Some people are just incapable of having a debate without taking things personally. They tend to take a counter-argument as a personal attack on their own hard held beliefs and thus they are inclined to attempt to make the whole argument personal.

Then, of course, there are people who deliberately make inciteful posts simply to stir things up and see who bites. These people obviously have too much free time on their hands or have some deep-seated emotional need to be noticed !

I also think some people deliberately make personal comments in order to get a thread closed or binned just so that their own point of view can't be further criticised.

well what was a healthy debate has,is once again turned into personal digs at people :(

going on and off topic

well I will let them get on with it lol

Back