serial com port visible but not working on dream

chronoman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi folks

i am running windows vista 2 x laptops and have a usb 232 serial and pci card on of which both are working properly in device manager but wont connect to my dreambox or another srial application.
is there a problem with vista and is there soloution,also are the settings standard?

thanks Chronoman

It might be the adapters themselves mate.

Some of them are garbage.

hi
i installed xp pro and looked at linked post and all settings are ok.
I can connect to another serial application but not dream.
trying lan connection and still no joy.
will flash wizard work with 600 ok?

thanks lagiglo but not that

Getting depressed now.I got a pc i use but its 20 miles away and i loaned it to someone till i fixed theres and there pc wont do it either.
Something will work eventually

Silly question but you are using null modem cable and not a straight serial cable.

its null modem, i connected to dream 500c but still cant connect to 600 ,is there another way too flash presuming 232 port id fooked on 600?
thanks for looking though

cheers chronoman

Last edited:
its null modem, i connected to dream 500c but still cant connect to 600 ,is there another way too flash presuming 232 port id fooked on 600?
thanks for looking though

cheers chronoman

Try a diff version dream up, had this a few times work on 500 then not 6oo. yes there is otherways of flashing 600, you can use web interface, also if you have a hard drive use barry allen, this allows you to have more than 1 bootable image 9need to be able to ftp though.

Another way is possible but can't remember hope someone else will.

i had this prob , i had to put windows 98 on the pc to get it to work wth the 600. now i use it all the time no probs.

I suppose you now have it fixed but I suggest a different ver of dreamup is what you need.

Have you tried hyperterminal to see if anything is happening ? Was some great threads on this previously.

(I think you need dreamup 1.3.1 or higher)

Last edited:
Still not fixed but with golf season i dont rush.
I tried the latest dream up and a couple of others with no joy but will be playing later tonight.
I havent tried hyperterminal but can connect to web interface as its got a gemini image on already.
Thanks for post though
cheers chronoman

After trying hyperterminal open it up then and see if the serial connector might be loose.

i had this prob , i had to put windows 98 on the pc to get it to work wth the 600. now i use it all the time no probs.

i spoke too f@@king soon.....lol
hard drive is gone in desktop and laptop/vista and adaptor wont let me in on dreamup.
fun and games guys.

so you reseated serial in the dm600 but havent been able to test? Grand so

i did test after reseat but never went through hyperterminal,trying to fix about 5 problems all at once and not going well

Back