Sepp Blatter urges Cristiano Ronaldo to leave Manchester United for Real Madrid

Paul-K

Inactive User
Reaction score
I think it's time for this man to go..

Sepp Blatter urges Cristiano Ronaldo to leave Manchester United for Real Madrid
Ball and chain: Blatter said that Ronaldo and other players who are unhappy at their club should not be forced to stay there against their will (Dave Thompson/PA)
Russell Kempson
As president of Fifa, world football's governing body, Sepp Blatter has a lot of influence. As the unofficial founder and life president of the Foot-in-Mouth Society, he has been at it again, describing the sport over which he so erratically presides as little more than “modern slavery”.

Blatter was once labelled “a man who has 50 ideas a day, 51 of them bad”. In yet another of his regular and wide-ranging rants, he lived up to his “Mad as a Blatter” reputation, suggesting that Cristiano Ronaldo should be allowed to leave Manchester United for Real Madrid.

Critics of Blatter often struggle to know whether to laugh or cry. Sir Alex Ferguson, the United manager, is likely to be similarly bemused, if not outraged, that the sport's most powerful administrator appears to be giving his blessing to the potential exit of Ronaldo, the Portugal winger and Ferguson's star turn at Old Trafford.

Asked about Ronaldo's public flirting with Real, Blatter said: “The important thing is we should also protect the player. And if the player wants to play somewhere else, then a solution should be found. If he stays in a club where he does not feel comfortable to play, then it's not good for the player and for the club. I'm always in favour to protect the player and if the player wants to leave, let him leave.”

During the interview in Zurich, to be screened on Sky News today, Blatter at least offers a possible solution to the Ronaldo saga. Again, though, Ferguson is unlikely to be impressed by the suggestion by the 72-year-old Swiss that the player should be able to buy out his contract.

“In football, there's too much modern slavery, in transferring players or buying players here and there and putting them somewhere,” Blatter said. “We are trying now to intervene in such cases. The reaction to the Bosman law was to make long-lasting contracts in order to keep the players. Then, if he wants to leave, there is only one solution: he has to pay his contract.”

With Frank Lampard, the England midfield player, having turned down an offer of wages of about £130,000 a week from Chelsea, Blatter's use of the phrase “modern slavery” is curious. However, he did appear to return to Planet Earth briefly.

When asked about the Premier League's controversial plans to stage a “39th game” abroad - or for League Cup fixtures to be played outside of England - Blatter was adamant. “They [the Premier League] should just forget about that,” he said.

Blatter did concede that the 2010 World Cup finals, which are scheduled to be held in South Africa, could be moved elsewhere because of construction problems with stadiums and concerns over the rise in crime in the country. If Plan B were needed, though, he declined to reveal which potential new hosts had been approached.

“I cannot say to whom I have spoken,” Blatter said. “But I have spoken to three possible, not only possible, but three associations and countries that would be able to stage the World Cup in one year's time. They need one year.”

When asked whether England was one of the triumvirate, Blatter became suddenly and strangely reticent. “I cannot give you names,” he said. “You can ask and ask. That's another question I have to answer by no answer.”

Blatter offers an insight into how women's football could be made easier on the eye. “They could have tighter shorts,” he said.

Foot-in-mouth time

* In an attempt to raise the game's profile in the United States, especially with television networks, he has another brainchild - two halves could become four quarters.

* Size clearly matters, so why not raise the bar ... literally? Blatter suggests the goals should be half a metre wider and 25cm higher.

* Blatter again in choppy waters. “There are gay footballers, but they don't declare it because it will not be accepted in these macho organisations,” he said. “Look at women's football - homosexuality is more popular there.”

* He rules that clubs field no more than five foreign players. Agreed by Fifa, yet opposed by the Premier League and European Union, whose laws it would breach.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_united/article4305046.ece

lolololol, what a character.

What does Blatter have to do with Manchester United? What does he have to do with the strips for womans football?

What a clown.

The man is an embarrassment to world football. WTF has it got to do with him if Ronaldo stays or goes, I am guessing he thinks it will make an English club weaker.

What a knob he is.

what a winker this guy should get a free transfer to the home of the old and insane he is doing the job of 2 men.

0011.gif

Certainly makes us look like fools. We reported Real to Fifa a few weeks ago and they do nothing about it, then today the President of Fifa says he should be allowed to leave. Is it me or do UEFA and FIFA hate english football??

Nothing but pure jealousy of the premiership from Mr Blatter and Platini, couple of clowns.:Cheers:

Certainly makes us look like fools. We reported Real to Fifa a few weeks ago and they do nothing about it, then today the President of Fifa says he should be allowed to leave. Is it me or do UEFA and FIFA hate english football??

totally agree, i think they both hate us
if like he says players should be allowed to leave then why have contracts or even transfer fees, scrap tranfer fees and then the players just sign a contract which they have to see out, as for slaves i'll be a slave for 100k a week: whip :

Does anyone think the Englinsh F.A will say or do anything about his comments

They just cant take it that English football is now top of the pile rather than the usual continental countries of Italy or Spain running it

They are clowns.

And of course Ronaldo agrees with Blatter and still says he doesnt know where he will begin the season, after United looking his injury and getting it sorted he still doesn't realise or appreciate anything...should have just sold him with his fucking injury and let Real sort it out

To a point i understand and agree that if a player doesn't want to play at a club they shouldn't be made to and should be allowed to transfer providing the club getting the player buys out the players contract or gives compensation to the club. Players should have some right to terminate a contract or a request being approved by a club.

Blatter who sits at the top of football who knows nothing about the game should keep his nose out club/player issues.

Blatter doesn't wont the big English 4 dominating the champions league, so what if its like this for years to come & he even talks about players in slavery he really has lot the plot.

Basically thats it. It's the English clubs era now in football. Jealousy sums it up as first there were plans to cap the money made from champions league and now this comment about ronaldo... Sad thing is nobody said anything years ago when it was Barca R madrid and juventus and ac milan winning everything!.... Fooker pisses me off, just plain and simple jealous!

To a point i understand and agree that if a player doesn't want to play at a club they shouldn't be made to and should be allowed to transfer providing the club getting the player buys out the players contract or gives compensation to the club. Players should have some right to terminate a contract or a request being approved by a club.

Blatter who sits at the top of football who knows nothing about the game should keep his nose out club/player issues.
ok lets put it this way say at the begining of the season and ronaldo is waiting for his rather large pay check
and man u give him apay packet with £5000 in it what would ronaldo say then???
he would reply u owe me £100,000 that what is in my contract
they need to be told contracts work both ways
no body forced him to sign a contract this is for all players not just ronaldo
as for platini and blatter what a pair of cnuts they are

these fuckers only sighn LONG CONTRACTS TO UP THERE WAGES and even then they want to start changing it halfway through even if its 2-3 years left they begin new contract talks and the deal changes in there favour.sak contracts and pay em per week 350 quid. they all shit on the fans who line there pockets.

as for that fat old bald swiss fucker there whole country dont know shit about football, hes 72 footballs moved on so y not get some young fresh guy in and drown that fat ****. united are gettin probs and chelsea and arsenal with these stupid players only difference is chelsea is an english guy.

sik off it

Back