SEO tools

Erbs

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there some tools I can use to optimize my website for SEO?

Obviously I don't want to pay large sums of money if I can do this myself

Any suggestions would be a massive help

I always found net mag was a good source for SEO tips. They used to run an SEO edition every 12-18 months; but I've not read it for a number of years. Like most magazines these days, I'm sure the digital editions are available from the usual places ;)

I know Google's algorithm favours local businesses for certain searches. For example; say someone searched for "PC repair shop Liverpool". Then PC repair shops in Liverpool are likely to appear much higher in the search results than, say, a PC repair shop on Manchester's Liverpool Road, or near Liverpool Street Station in London. If the user has allowed location detection, the town/city might not even need to be in the search string. So if most of your business is local, make sure you list your business address. (I think you're supposed to by law if trading online anyway?)

I'd probably avoid books on the subject. By the time they've been published, the tips contained within can be obsolete.

I think the only other tip I remember, that would still be relevant today, is to make sure to submit your site to search engines. Don't wait for them to come find you.

Its tough mate, Im sure the only was is to pay :( Ive asked loads of people in the know and they all say its hard and you need to pay
but if you find a way please let me know too :)
You do mean for being high in google listings/searches I take it

Back