SEO Help? Long shot i know

*Matt*

Inactive User
Reaction score
So ive just set up a website(1st try at making a website) and im REALLY needing some SEO help........

Anybody kind enough to give me some pointers???

Thanks
Matt

Are you using wordpress? If yes you should use "All in One SEO" then get into social media like twitter, facebook, google+ and youtube to expose your site. YOu should also get google analytic and webmaster tools to help you with your site's performance.

Been about 18 months since I looked into SEO. In a nutshell and purely from what I remember:
  • Title/discribe all images. (Making sure you use the title="" attribute rather than alt="", which should only be used for the alternative text for an image.)
  • Custmise the META tags for each page.
  • Give each page it's own title.
  • Don't have "orphan" pages. (Having a site map page and linking to it on every page is the easiest way of fixing this.)
  • Use hyperlinked breadcrumbs.
  • If you cater to a specific geographic location, make sure you mention it when relevant. This should help to boost the ranking in the likes of Google Local.
  • You can often manually ask the search engines to index the site, but make sure you only add it once.
Much of the above is best practice, but I've more than likely missed some. Also SEO has more than likely moved on in the last year and a half.

I do vaguely recall people were finding sites designed to meet disability standards tended to move up the rankings than before they met those standards. Again this is best practice anyway.

Back