sensible soccer

thomson

Inactive User
Reaction score
i want to play the good old amiga version of sensible soccer.

i have an original copy of the game on cd, but it works pure shit on windows xp, infact the last time i was able to play it good was away back when i had an old pc with windows 98.
seems like xp fecks it right up :(

Sooo, how exactly can i run it now without any problems, i suppose you would say use an emulator etc, can someone tell me step by step what to do, i aint got a scooby man :(

:Cheers:

p.s
if i remember right, modern type joypads dont work with it either, correct ???

Hi thomson

I have a Amega emulator that works super fast on windows XP.
And the joypad works to.
First run the winuae.exe , then select ( ROM )

select the kickrom , its in the amiga dir ie C:/amiga/Kicks

3.1 is for the amiga 500
the rest are for the 1200

select 3.1 for the soccer game and click ok.

You will now see the amiga on your screen.

now press F12.

Now goto floppies and select the game you want to play.

If the game has 4 files just load them all in , if it has 5 load the first 4 in first , and if it asks for disk 5 just F12 it again and put the 5 file into the floppies 1 and hit ok again

Don’t now if I can post the emulator on the forum?
But you can PM me you Addy and I will send it to you m8......

Cheers Garry

Did a print screen in the thread with (word) but do not know how to put it into the post lol

Cheers Garry

where do i get "winuae.exe" mate, remember iam a begginner with emulators etc ??

i need an idiots guide, lol : shocked2

plus, iam sure it should be ok to post an emulator on here, if not then iam sure someone will take it off without any probs :Cheers:

so, will this game run on xp and also be able to use usb joypads and not the old style joypads that had to plug into the sound card ???

talking of the sound, is the sound/graphics ok in the game or are they scratchy as feck ??

thomson said:
so, will this game run on xp and also be able to use usb joypads and not the old style joypads that had to plug into the sound card ???
talking of the sound, is the sound/graphics ok in the game or are they scratchy as feck ??

Yes the sound and graphics are ok , dont know about a usb joypad.

Cheers Garry

garrytate said:
Yes the sound and graphics are ok , dont know about a usb joypad.
Cheers Garry
ohh well then, iam fecked :( , all i got is usb joypads :(

hey thomson. prob already know by now but should have no prob with usb joypads or joysticks with winuae. i use a playstation 2 joypad hooked up to my pc with a usb adapter and the analogue stick works a treat with sensi. just need to plug it in then configure it in 'Game & I/O Ports' section of winuae.

a handy little tip too to avoid the v long loading time is to create a save state (press F12 when game is loaded, go down to Misc, select it then click savestate, enter name and click save). Next time you wanna play the game all you need to do is make sure you have your kickstart rom selected in the boot rom file box of rom settings then go to Misc, click loadstate select ur savestate then click start. should load up immediately! Enjoy.

any probs at all gimme a shout. couldn't have a sensi fan goin without!
by the way i hope its swos ur playin not orig sensi. an absolute masterpiece. :)

robcon said:
hey thomson. prob already know by now but should have no prob with usb joypads or joysticks with winuae. i use a playstation 2 joypad hooked up to my pc with a usb adapter and the analogue stick works a treat with sensi. just need to plug it in then configure it in 'Game & I/O Ports' section of winuae.

a handy little tip too to avoid the v long loading time is to create a save state (press F12 when game is loaded, go down to Misc, select it then click savestate, enter name and click save). Next time you wanna play the game all you need to do is make sure you have your kickstart rom selected in the boot rom file box of rom settings then go to Misc, click loadstate select ur savestate then click start. should load up immediately! Enjoy.

any probs at all gimme a shout. couldn't have a sensi fan goin without!
by the way i hope its swos ur playin not orig sensi. an absolute masterpiece. :)

yea swos mate :)
i need to dig out me copy of swos now, lol, keep you posted :)

Woah. Sensi Soccer was and still is the God of footie Games (Sensi World Soccer).
: colors1

Ahh those were the days when you could have Di Canio, Cadet and Van Hoojydonk and they couldnt leave Paradise unless you said so

Even FIFA2005 cant touch it.

Will WinUAE run on a P4 1.2GHz machine? ( I know its shit sloow..but I can't afford a new pc at the moment.)

I once tried a C64 emulator and that was sloooooooooooow

Couldn't agree more!!

win uae should run fine on a 1.2ghz machine too. as far as i can remember i used to use it on a far slower machine no probs tho was of course an earlier version. just make sure you don't have loads of crap hogging your resources in the background. one possible explanation for speed of c64 emu perhaps.
oh and do me a favour,
take those bhoys back to the top where they belong will ya!:)

Word of advice if player manager, sign uwe rosler from city, put him on his own up front and... well... just don't get in the way of his shot!! ;) a gem. think top of a 4 3 3 also but shite in a 4 4 2. perfect hitman for my passin game anyway:)
let us know how ya get on.

anyone know anything about the sensi that is available for sale in the shops just now, it comes pre loaded into the joypads and the joypads plug straight into the tv.

is it any good ???

i think its the sega version, the only version i ever had was for the amega 1200, it was brilliant, dunno about sega version though.

maybe someone does ?

see here > http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=GADG&title=701986

and in 2006 the great game is back on pc, look here >>>http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=PC&title=841941

Hey thomson did ya get that goin yet?
Saw that megadrive thing a few days ago and had a good smile i must say! It was either the snes or the sega megadrive version of sensi that was fairly true to the amiga version in terms of playability but you had to use the joypad of course which for me was crap having honed my skills with the joystick. :)

Best thing to do i suppose if your interested in it would be to download a megadrive emulator (kgen is pretty good) get the game goin on that and if its the one go and grab that piece of kit! Happy hunting :)

Will be looking into that new release asap! cheers

Screenshots of new sensi
[DLMURL]http://www.codemasters.co.uk/games/?gameid=1846[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back