100gb HD
DVD/CDRW Combo Drive
Wireless a/b/g Card
Network Port
Monitor Port
Bluetooth
Infared
Firewire port
4 * Usb Ports (1 Perfect, 1 works in an angle, 2 apply pressure to work)
Power connection to laptop is loose and hence will only charge at an angle
Keyboard Needs replaceing, as some keys dont work (£6 new keyboard off ebay)
Comes with Box, Instructions and all acessories.

This laptop would be ideal for someone whos handy and has the time to fix the little issues on the laptop.
I am looking to sell it for £220 Reduced

Last edited by a moderator:
easy fix this just a matter of soildering socket back on motherboard just takes about an hour to strip lappy down.

Urm, you can get a brand new Acer Aspire for £299 mate from eBuyer.

Its not a spares or a major issue. After checking the board it was because the conencter is loose, nothing more. It works fine, just needs a new power connecter fitted in.

if you take it to a laptop repair centre they will charge at least £250 to fix it, if you can get the part and the boards not damaged it will cost more in time than money, personaly i think your better selling parts, but its your choice.

Should I ebay the parts then or anywhere I could take it to to sell as parts or as a whole?

on ebay you would be lucky to get £60, i buy faulty laptops from ebay all the time to fix them, i got a 2 month old packard bell dual core for £100 and took 1hour to fix and it had no missing parts.

Just found out where the smoke had come from lol
The power cable must of been twisted around a bit too much and it started to over heart.
Defective power cable!

Depending on what connection the HDD is, I'll take the HDD off your hands mate, providing its working, and has no bad sectors on it...

Is it Sata, or IDE...?

put the bits up seperately.

screen 80 quid
charger 30 quid
battery 30 quid
dvdrw drive 20 quid
hard drive 40 quid
keyboard 10 quid

and any other bits and peices you'll make a bit

Back