Selling a House , declaring problem neighbours

shaun127

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We Don't Do Walking Away. I would rather die with
When you sell your home and are moving you must declare bad / problem neighbours. How far do you need to go?. I.E. does the law only relate to your immediate neighbours. I.E. Next door or must you declare neighbours 2/3 doors down or across the road?

Thats what I would say Ian. mother wanting to sell up and move due to neighbours 2 doors down being a constant fecking nightmare.Polis never away. Parties all day and through the night. fighting and shouting every time they are pissed. Next door to my ma's have just bought their house and have been told they may be entitled to some sort of refund from the seller because he didnt declare these problem neighbours when selling house. Dont want the same to happen to my mother if she sells.
Someone in cul de sac phoned the polis with the latest carry on Sat night, ( Bout 5 lads and a couple of lassies fighting in the street ) Sunday night my ma's next door windows put out . They were adamant it wasnt them that called polis and i know it wasnt my mam but due the noise they were making could of been anyone in the cul de sac. 12 houses

Ring 4447771
😉

The police are useless mate.
The law of the land normally favours scum causing problems. Have you not got legal advise?
Reason i say... no such declaration is required in northern ireland. I can not speak for scottish, welsh devolved goverments. As each have different laws through assembly's.

But i do feel for situation you outlined mate. Really hope issue works out as best it can.

That's odd (of all the topics) - we have a major problem with a neighbour across the road over parking spaces. Our cars have been scratched badly.
This saga has been going on for 20 years plus. Hopefully one day he will get into DEEP trouble and serve some time in prison.

have you considered using violence or the threat of violence its all these dirtbags understand. even when the cops lift them they are on the road again in a few hrs ffs

I wouldnt say anything. this would just lower the value of the house. who cares.

I know you need to report Neighbours but what do you class as a neighbour and what does teh law class as a neighbour. My next door neighbours on both sides are my neighbours , anyone else in teh row are not my neighbours they are other people in the row's neighbours as are people across teh road if you see what Im saying. these feckers causing all the problems are 2 doors down from my Ma, so not technically neighbours

How the hell can they prove you did not get on with them,If they are a problem to some and not to some others how can anyone prove it

Read post #3 mate. Shaun's mother would struggle to say she didn't know or care about her troublesome close neighbours.

Has your mum ever reported them to the Police ? if she has it will be on record so you will have to report this when selling. I think it means if the neighbour is trouble to "you", I mean, how many doors/yards away does it have to be before it's classed as bother to you ?. Now if you never report them you could just say well I never heard anything or they never bothered me I'm x amount of doors away.
I use to live in a bit of a rough and tumble area but trouble that was 4-5 doors away never affected me

Well tell her if shes never been involved or reported them then she must say nout. If she personally doesn't say she has a problem so to speak and others do then that's their problem.
It might be hard to keep the old top lip buttoned but in the long run but it's the best way to out without a problem

That's great until the next door neighbour who is already trying to claim because of non disclosure spills the beans. Seek proper advice Shaun, it's your Mum, you owe it to her :D

True but once you make that complaint the horse has bolted the gates. By the sounds if it has mum doesn't want the hassle.
If it were me I'd drag the f'ing scum bags out and knock f::k out of em.
Or if you do complain make it anonymous. Say their selling drugs to kids that will make them sit up and think.

She's lived there since 1984 but she's 84 and the behaviour of these "Neighbours" have made her think about selling up and moving "somewhere quieter"
My sister is arranging an appointment with a solicitor in her own town to find out the legal stance about declaring these twats if my mother moves as sister still lives in the town.

She's lived there since 1984 but she's 84 and the behaviour of these "Neighbours" have made her think about selling up and moving "somewhere quieter"
My sister is arranging an appointment with a solicitor in her own town to find out the legal stance about declaring these twats if my mother moves as sister still lives in the town.
Shaun dont take this the wrong way m8 but 84 is not an age to be packing your bags and moving on. As stated find out your rights and fight the scum anonymously. The solicitor should be able to contact the Landlord and he in turn should be able to either warn them or throw the coonts out.

Back