Sensible Topic Seeing another life after death

river4ever

river4ever
Reaction score
Stories like this absolutely fascinate me. Slightly controversial due to those that are religious.
Personally i think we are just well developed apes and in 1000 years (if earth still rotates) will scare the pipe clean out of me with advances in tech and so on.
But time and time again those who have been struck with near death experiences say the same thing time and time again.
Clouds/Colours/Jesus and so on.

This lady was dead for 27 minutes and seen jesus!!!
When a muslim has a near death experience do they see Muhammad?
Or any other religions see there Messiahs?

Link:
Woman Who Died For 27 Minutes Says She Saw Heaven

Last edited:
Maybe in your dying moments Your brain subconsciously looks to what You want or expect to see. Perhaps, I don't suppose there is anyway to know for sure, this is why so many people look to Religion I expect.

I can see both sides. Yeah your brain might do strange things in its final moments, but I just ask myself this.

Most people believe the 'the big bang' theory of our creation, unless your a 'creationist'? Ok, what came before the 'big bang'? Most people will instantly answer 'nothing', but nothing is a Human concept which means absence of anything. How can you get something from nothing? So how did the 'big bang' happen.......? My answer is this:- What came before the 'big bang' was beyond my comprehension!

Why did i tell you that above. When i'm asked If i believe in life after death then I beleive there is a lot in this universe I don't understand because its beyond human comprehension if there is life after death then its probably beyond my comprehension.

If there isn't life after death? I just won't exist any more and not be able to tell you I told you so when i see you after death!

I can remember my Dad exclaiming "it's true" at the moment of my Mum's death. Her eyes opened briefly although she was in an induced coma. We aren't religious in the slightest but I think that thought helped him at the time.
I, on the other hand just believed it was endorphins being released. Our bodies will try their utmost to carry on living and I believe we release that chemical into the brain to ease our death.
The woman in that story had a series of heart attacks. When the heart stops the brain can survive for around 6 minutes without oxygen. If her heart stopped beating 4 or 5 times before resuscitation that could account for the 27 minutes. She wasn't "dead" though. Your heart stopping isn't death, your brain stopping is death.

I am totally convinced there is nothing after it, we have but one chance at it and the uniqueness of our DNA is quite good proof of that.

When the heart stops the brain can survive for around 6 minutes without oxygen. If her heart stopped beating 4 or 5 times before resuscitation that could account for the 27 minutes. She wasn't "dead" though. Your heart stopping isn't death, your brain stopping is death.

Yep. That story about her being dead for 27 minutes is the usual brainless internet bollocks.

Yep. That story about her being dead for 27 minutes is the usual brainless internet bollocks.

Surprised they still let you on the internet these days..

As for the jesus and mohamed.. you have to understand that at some point a given religion has split from its master relgion to create an alternative thinking.

So jesus is a prohphet or some sort in islam. but then jesus left judaism or something during the times of the roman and greek conquests and created catholasism..

Religion is baffling the above may not be correct or in order but you get the idea..

*edit.. my macbook is lagging and isnt recording key strokes correctly so spelling and grammer shyte" sowreeeee

Surprised they still let you on the internet these days..

As for the jesus and mohamed.. you have to understand that at some point a given religion has split from its master relgion to create an alternative thinking.

So jesus is a prohphet or some sort in islam. but then jesus left judaism or something during the times of the roman and greek conquests and created catholasism..

Religion is baffling the above may not be correct or in order but you get the idea..

*edit.. my macbook is lagging and isnt recording key strokes correctly so spelling and grammer shyte" sowreeeee

were did jesus and mohamed come in to this lol

were did jesus and mohamed come in to this lol
I asked in post #1 as when i hear of those that have had near death experiences its mainly christians and say they seen jesus.
I have never heard muslims having near death experiences saying they seen muhammad.

In fact i have never heard of any other religion other than christians saying what they experienced.

I can see both sides. Yeah your brain might do strange things in its final moments, but I just ask myself this.

Most people believe the 'the big bang' theory of our creation, unless your a 'creationist'? Ok, what came before the 'big bang'? Most people will instantly answer 'nothing', but nothing is a Human concept which means absence of anything. How can you get something from nothing? So how did the 'big bang' happen.......? My answer is this:- What came before the 'big bang' was beyond my comprehension!

Why did i tell you that above. When i'm asked If i believe in life after death then I beleive there is a lot in this universe I don't understand because its beyond human comprehension if there is life after death then its probably beyond my comprehension.

If there isn't life after death? I just won't exist any more and not be able to tell you I told you so when i see you after death!

We can only see up to 1 second after the big bang, as that is all the light we can view atm. In time we may be able to see further into the past, but at present that's about all we can see. With continued scientific development, we may be able to hypothesise what came before the big bang, but the common theory is that some super massive blackholes collided and dust and particles formed. The infinite monkey cage can explain it much better than I can, i'm no astrophysicist.

Religion is a man made thing, it's used to oppress the masses, it was also used to try and explain the unknown. All religions share the same underlying features. Much of Christianity comes from Paganism, the sun god became god, the effigy is the same, as are the tales. There used to be a meme about this, for instance I think it was Horus (Egyptian god) who had a son that died, and then rose after 4 days (Although I may be getting this mixed up with another god/demi-god)

Christianity was invented by a roman emperor, I forget which one, but you can read up on it. Before that there was paganism, the Egyptian religion, and various others as well (Mayan, Aztec etc).

I have no problem with those who are religious, or their beliefs. It is called "faith" for a reason, as that is what you have, religious people will always roll out the "Well you cannot prove that God doesn't exist", well no, but you cannot prove he does exist either...

We can however prove that the universe wasn't made within 6 days! And we can also prove that we aren't all descendants of Adam and Eve, ffs Adam and Eve had 2 sons, Kane and Able, did they commit incest to further the human race? How else were the rest of us descended?

As for the seeing of "god" when you die, it's very much the brain trying to interpret what it has seen/experienced, and it does that by relating to stuff it knows. This is how optical illusions and stuff work as well, the brain basically plays tricks on you. It's like your eyes can constantly see your nose, but it doesn't block your vision, because the brain blurs it out.

What came before them?

What came before super blackholes, dust and particles? I would presume Higgs Bosson, dark matter, and another one i dont know the name of. Cern have recently discovered them.

And before you ask "What came before them", im not an astrophysicist.

lol, what I was trying to convey is at some point(probably not very well) the universe we live in came from nothing, which in my understanding is impossible.

I don't think/believe there is life after death. As all above posts say and i also agree, the brain is being fooled due to chemicals being released in the brain at the stage of death.
Thankfully as every decade passes scientists discover more and more things.
Christians still think earth is 6000 years old due to what they believe in, thankfully advances in science has proven them wrong. I have no doubt as little as 200 years ago “every” christian would believe it.
Just as many thought the earth was flat.

What makes it convenient for religions to roll with there story is there will “never ever” be an answer.
The universe is still expanding even after 13 billion years.
I also think to suggest that there is nowhere else outside of earth to inhabit life needs questioned.

Earth is not even the size of a grain of sand on the beach compared to earth in the universe.
Just as science has proven faults the earth is older than 6000 years. I also believe science will discover planets similar to ours in the future.
Just as life after death can never be proved, life on other planets can never be proved also.
(but there must be something)?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Christians still think earth is 6000 years old

Bible thumping Christian Fundamentalists might m8.

Mainstream Christian religions have no problem with evolution or the fact that the earth is millions of years old.

think like the rest of u's guys last breath but when you die we all hope there is more , but seen a few interjected so not to spasm and shake on your last breath . you live on by the people that cares . 100 years from you who are you lol

live every day guys and tell the people you care about and love { only here for a short time ) x

Back