Security, can all please read.

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
over the weekend and early next week we are hoping to close off the chances of any unauthorised access to members of the share from outside. this will mean some of your config files will need updating and/or changing AND your dreambox root password changing.

ill check everyones ports thats needed for the security updates tonight and will list members as ive checked as either being ok and ready for updating or if something needs looking into (router settings etc) so you can be updated.

if you have a specific pasword you would like please PM me with the subject PASSWORD, otherwise itll be a random password and you will be informed of it as youll need it for FTPing to your box

cheers for looking

dd

Last edited:
Members list:

PinkHelmets not checked
DigiDude checked ready
Dutcho checked ready
JimmyP checked see below
RamRaider checked ready
Krazylegs checked ready
Sajon44 checked ready
Bard checked ready
Highlander checked see below
Paul-k checked ready

Last edited:
Password

ive changed mine digi but i will change again ok

@ highlander

can connect to box via telnet and ftp but is refusing connection. has password been changed?

@ jimmyp

its no problems m8, the ports are fine, just need the password to update stuff

all passwords have been changed and a pm sent containing your new password.

highlander, what image are you using as the telnet login screen for your box is different to everyone elses, so your default password may not be 'dreambox'

dude what passwords are you changing? Do you want me to set up your access to mine? Or you just sending me new files to upload? Or is this only root passwords?
As for highlanders, i still dont think you are loggin into his dreambox dude. I have seen the login many times before and its not the dreambox requesting- even though it sometimes seems like it is. I am sure Alan has the gemini image and password is still default, its just the router/internet port21~23 problem back again. :(

changing the root password m8 to tighten things up ready for your superduper secure config files ;)

i am running gemini 3.30

feck knows whats happened cos krazy and yourself managed to access my box at one point

...and so did i -once only :( so i'm a witness it worked too, but i'm also witness to the dreaded "user" "password" screen that digidude is now hitting. If i remember it was to do with your router portforwarding? I think doubledee solved it before?

@ highlander

we'll have to arrange for me to have remote access to your router configs again as it could be that its forwarding to another device on your network for some reason.

we know it will work as ive been in a few times before so its probably something simple

cheers m8, i'm at work till 2pm, so if your around after say.....2:30ish, gives me time to get home, get a shower, hoover up, do the dishes, take dog for a walk, clean windows, do the ironing LOL yeah rite PMSL

i'll give you access to my box....ohhh sir

digi fixed it, well sort of.

few settings wrong in my router, but my isp is blocking a couple of ports so it seems.

pw changed also.

yes m8, seems your isp is blocking the ports used for ftp and telnet access. your router has a feature where it can listen to a port from outside the router and translate this internally on your network, we know internal traffic is ok as you can ftp and telnet no problems. i tried using this feature by using a port outside the router that i know your router will accept, and translating it internally so the reciever would accept it, but it wouldnt work, so any updates will have to be emailed to you with instructions on where to put them, but as you havent got a motorised dish this will be a simple once only (hopefully) procedure

Back