Sections in General Chat?

Evastar

Inactive User
Reaction score
I was wondering if it would be possible to make sections in General Chat, as there are so many threads being posted in there, it's quite hard to see what has been posted previously.

Not sure what headings other people would like, but i was thinking a Food and Recipe section, Animals and Pets, Holidays, Music, Books, Movies, DIY (Home and Garden), stuff like that?

Anyone else any suggestions? :)

Last edited:
Ok, so maybe Music, Movies, Books could be a subheading under a general 'Entertainment' heading? :)

And a Hobbies and Interests section? :)

Just throwing a few ideas out here, anyone else got any suggestions?

I also think a section for different stuff would be good, not sure what it should be called though - 'Thinking outside the Box' 'The Twilight Zone', 'The Strange, Weird and Wonderful', 'Esoteric Discussions', 'Life, The Universe and Everything', 'The Unexplained'? something like that lol

before people think i want it to be a ghosty section, that's not what i'm on about, yeah you could/would have threads like that but also about amazing breakthroughs in medicine and science, anything unusual or different really :)

And maybe Brainteasers for puzzles and quizzes like Rat's thread last night?

Last edited:
Ok, so maybe Music, Movies, Books could be a subheading under a general 'Entertainment' heading? :)

And a Hobbies and Interests section? :)

Just throwing a few ideas out here, anyone else got any suggestions?

I also think a section for different stuff would be good, not sure what it should be called though - 'Thinking outside the Box' 'The Twilight Zone', 'The Strange, Weird and Wonderful', 'Esoteric Discussions', 'Life, The Universe and Everything', 'The Unexplained'? something like that lol

before people think i want it to be a ghosty section, that's not what i'm on about, yeah you could/would have threads like that but also about amazing breakthroughs in medicine and science, anything unusual or different really :)

And maybe Brainteasers for puzzles and quizzes like Rat's thread last night?

I like the brainteaser quizzes etc but they tend to get put in the fun and laughter section.

Lol you trying to turn this into a girly forum lmao ;)

Do you mean you want thread prefixes ?

I think that is built into later versions of vbulletin - we just have never implemented it.

Regards
Mickie

lol i don't know what thread prefixes are, just to maybe tidy general chat up a bit cos it's kinda confusing at the min ;)

Like the way you have 'Sport in General' Would that benefit from having subsections like Soccer, Rugby etc etc, that way anyone interested in a particular sport could find anything relating to that easily without having to trawl through loads of threads they mightnt have any interest in?

Last edited:
lol i don't know what thread prefixes are, just to maybe tidy general chat up a bit cos it's kinda confusing at the min ;)

Like the way you have 'Sport in General' Would that benefit from having subsections like Soccer, Rugby etc etc, that way anyone interested in a particular sport could find anything relating to that easily without having to trawl through loads of threads they mightnt have any interest in?

You want more sections added to the site - is that right?

If so its a little difficult to add sections because they might not get used.

but if we get enough support for a new forum we will always listen and ask the admin and mods, then implement it.

Regards
Mickie

I'm not really saying add more sections as such, more sub-divide some existing ones to make it easier to access already existing threads?

For example all the old soccer threads in 'General Sport' would be under a new heading of Soccer, and all the old food threads in General Chat would be under a new heading of Food and Recipes?

Sorry if i'm confusing you but i dont know what way the sections work here.

dou you mean split it more in to catogorys (sub sections)

so you would have

General Chat
pets
cooking
blah
whatever
etc

You are talking about subforums then lol.

What does everyone else think ?

Mickie

Might generate some more topical disscussion rather than the "stuff" we have been having recently. Could be good for the forum.

dou you mean split it more in to catogorys (sub sections)

so you would have

General Chat
pets
cooking
blah
whatever
etc

Can we have a general chat sub section in the general chat section....:proud:

Anyone seen my coat.

lol of course you would need a general chat subsection, not everything is gonna fit into categories, life isn't that neat ;)

you must have a lot of coats Jaffa ;) lol

It's Football not soccer Football

Why not just use the New Post button Eva?

It saves a lot of time.

Why not just use the New Post button Eva?

It saves a lot of time.

I do use the New Post button witchy and i find it great, but that doesn't help you to find older threads. Anyway it's only a suggestion, see what other people think about it.

Back