Hardware Screen does this after monitor powers down or sleeps.

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So my screen does what's in the picture after it powers down or after it goes into standby/sleep

I have tried removing the graphics driver using the amd clean tool then re-installing the driver instead of updating them. Still the same.
To get it working again i have to either reboot or go into device manager and disable/enable it.

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    17.5 MB · Views: 63
  • screen.png
    screen.png
    17.5 MB · Views: 63
  • screen.png
    screen.png
    424.6 KB · Views: 51
Hmm odd one.

The only similar problem I could find on Google was fixed by a driver reinstall, which you've done. In that case they went from the GFx card manufacturer's driver to AMD's unadulterated driver.

Long shot, but have you swapped out the signal cable?

Hmm odd one.

The only similar problem I could find on Google was fixed by a driver reinstall, which you've done. In that case they went from the GFx card manufacturer's driver to AMD's unadulterated driver.

Long shot, but have you swapped out the signal cable?

I will swap the cables over. The monitors are the exact same make and model. Will have another go at removing the drivers, might even drop down to a lower version...

Well, I decided to remove all amd drivers using the clean utility then reinstall bit by bit. Dropped down to the recommended driver and not the latest. Worked ok for a while and now the left rather than the right monitor does the static thing.

It sound like RF interference. I would try replacing the cable with ones that have a fair-rite or just put on a fair-rite clamp over your existing cables.

OK, so i think i may have solved this. I've gone a day without any issues, so fingers crossed. Thanks to spud i downloaded Driver Booster Pro 5.5 yesterday from giveaway of the day. It updated these drivers.
drivers.PNG

So thinking one of those was the culprit. I didn't have any driver issues or exclamation marks in device manager to say there was any issues.

So more on this. I've tried swapping monitors round. I've bought a displayport adpater and tried that. I've come to the conclusion its the monitor itself not picking up the 'switch on' signal from the Graphics card! I may try a VGA cable to see if the problem is DVI port specific?

give this a try?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Backup your Reg first

Not yet, its only the last while that I've out ruled the video card as the problem.

One of my old Samsung monitors started constantly displaying "Not optimal resolution" which required a hardware fix. Not too sure on the working behind it but a resistor added where instructed worked.

I think I read somewhere that it was something to do with an on-chip resistor in the Novatek controller. I'm sure it would be cheaper to use an external one than a fabrication process including them... Still working anyway :).

It's possible to also be BIOS related as per the YouTube video below:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

However from what you have shown and what @Spectre has also suggested - I think it may actually be a hardware issue with the monitor in question. Either something to do with compatibility or an internal fault on the monitor itself.

To eliminate this, try and ask a friend to bring over their monitor, so you can try a different 2nd screen.

Best way to go is process of elimination.

1) Try swapping screens
2) Try a different cable
3) Try a friends monitor to confirm

Hope this helps...

Back