Scottish Power

RAB - P

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
about 4 years ago I had my white meter electric storage heaters replaced by gas central heating. when I got my next bill I did not bother much about it still showed as white meter reading but did not charge for nightime rate. however I got my meter updated and the guy told me I should be on a single rate tarrif wich is cheaper so phoned SCOTTISH POWER and they said they would sort it sent a new statement for my next bill was the same so called again got a rebate of £260 last years bill was ok then this years came through back to white meter reading so called them up and they said the would fix it now sent me a bill saying I owe them an extra £700 so called them back and are now looking into it.

just wondering how many other people these money grabbing bastards are ripping off with the wrong tarrif thousands of glasgow council house stock has changed from electric to gas central heating over the last few years and might not even know of any difference but so far I have had 1 correct bill in 4 years no wonder these feckers are making millions a year.

so people if you used to have electric storage heaters but now have gas check your tarrif don't let the feckers away with it.....

They did the same thing with my Gas supply mate, spot of good news for me this time though as I'm switching over to EquiGas and Scottish Power owe me £220 rebate, the fookers have been over charging me for a year.

Have a similar story as rab but mine was the opposite.
About 6 years ago some knob from Scottish Power knocked the door and gave me some pish about how much money they could save me on my joint Gas and Leccy bill as I had gas from Scottish Gas and Leccy from them so like a mug I signed up, filled out the direct debit and sat back . He was fookin right as I was saving about 20 odd quid a month so that was that until September4 years later when a bill for about £1100 notes dropped through my door , so I thought it`s just a clerical error and filed it in the bin and thought no more about it until the middle of November when another 1 arrived so I thought I`d better give them a bell and put them straight, well it turned out that some computer cock-up ment I had only been paying for my gas for 4 fookin years and they wanted the dosh for the leccy the month b4 christmas . Of course they were told to swivel but as I found out they were legally entiltled to their money and I had to pay the bast@rds it all back .

It took months to sort out and I was told that I could pay it back at the fookin 20 odd quid that I was saving to start with plus the 20 odd quid I should have been paying so that ment I was paying almost an extra 50 notes a month more than I had been for 4 1/2 years some fu@king saving so needless to say I scrimped and saved till I could pay the whole lot back and sent them the cheque with a letter telling them where to stick their company cause there was NO WAY that I was staying with that company for 1 day longer than I had to far less the next 4 1/2 years

So even now if one of their reps was to chap my door and offer me all my fuel for free he would get his clip board shoved up his arse and told to fook off and not come back like I should have done 6 year ago

Regards

Stu

Ps it wasn`t just me it happened to there was loads of others in this area that hadn`t been paying iether

Last edited:
about 4 years ago I had my white meter electric storage heaters replaced by gas central heating. when I got my next bill I did not bother much about it still showed as white meter reading but did not charge for nightime rate. however I got my meter updated and the guy told me I should be on a single rate tarrif wich is cheaper so phoned SCOTTISH POWER and they said they would sort it sent a new statement for my next bill was the same so called again got a rebate of £260 last years bill was ok then this years came through back to white meter reading so called them up and they said the would fix it now sent me a bill saying I owe them an extra £700 so called them back and are now looking into it.

just wondering how many other people these money grabbing bastards are ripping off with the wrong tarrif thousands of glasgow council house stock has changed from electric to gas central heating over the last few years and might not even know of any difference but so far I have had 1 correct bill in 4 years no wonder these feckers are making millions a year.

so people if you used to have electric storage heaters but now have gas check your tarrif don't let the feckers away with it.....

My parents house is just being converted to gas too, So i'll make sure to tell tem to watch out for this, Thank you.

Sorry to here about this though i hope you get it sorted.

fecking winkers got reply back from them don't owe them £700 at all turns out they should not have sent me the rebate last year they said I only owe them £160 so told them they owe £10 for 2 power cards I sent back so down to £150 tried argueing that they were over charging me for over 4 years and they say that's my fault for not informing them that I changed to gas heating I expained they should inform people that there is a difference in standard rate and white meter rate you would expect white meter rate to be cheaper but it's not if they are charging you the daytime tarrif 24/7

any way here comes the classic bit they asked me if I wanted to pay the £150 by credit card told them I could not do that as I am ill at the moment and on benefit well how does £15 a week sound. I said it sound like your having a laugh they said they need to get their money back as soon as possible and they could cut my power and I replied that will look great on watchdog they rip me off for 4 years then want to disconnect me for their mistakes then I asked how many other people in britain are they ripping off this way and they said it's not their fault if people don't know what rate they are on..

so I said I want my accont looked into again and I'm waiting on results

they have messed me around so many times - when I was a student they thought we were all easy pickings.

Just hold your ground and dont let them try and tell you whos boss.

Back