Scottish Cuisine

I love black pudding, but it depends where it comes from. Some of the stuff you get down here in England is disgusting.

Can you still get deep fried Scotch Pies up north? Haven't had a deep fried one for about 25 years, but I can still remember the warm fat dripping down your chin as you ate them. Lovely!

I had one last year at a chippy in Ayr...fekking disgusting...but great at the time....I think.

...apart from the Scottish one ofcourse ;)

deep fried haggis

deep fried twix

deep fried mars bar

deep fried pizza

buckfast korma are the many favorites round about the many eateries in sunny Motherwell!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

deep fried haggis

deep fried twix

deep fried mars bar

deep fried pizza

buckfast korma are the many favorites round about the many eateries in sunny Motherwell!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

You have THAT for your breakfast?!??

Are you dead?

You stole our idea so it doesnt count.....:proud:

lol, yer arse :)

We (the Scots) invented the heart attack.

@ Nara,

pmsl, aye I frequent the 'Mobeen' in Forgewood every now and then, I was wondering why there was a cut up mars bar and a packet of Monster munch on the last pizza i bought there.

oooh these foodstuff sound so sickly. ( which makes em nice i spose) just glad i live way down south of the border ha xx . mind you am partial to a full english now an then ( and the food heheh) xx

I love black pudding, but it depends where it comes from. Some of the stuff you get down here in England is disgusting.

Can you still get deep fried Scotch Pies up north? Haven't had a deep fried one for about 25 years, but I can still remember the warm fat dripping down your chin as you ate them. Lovely!
the problem there is blackpudding is from lancashire

Ingredients

1 litre blood of wild boar
oxtails
300g fat wild boar, cubed
1.5 large Onions, diced
300g oatmeal, soaked
1 tbsp Paprika
1 tbsp Butter

Black pudding

Method

1. Heat the butter in a pan and cook the onions until soft but not browned.

2. Mix the onions with the cubed fat and oatmeal. Mix well and season with salt, pepper and the paprika.

3. Add the blood and mix well with your hands to ensure a sloppy consistency. Leave to cool.

4. Pipe the mixture into the ox casings. At regular intervals tie the bag off to make individual sausage-shaped black puddings. Prick each pudding to ensure it doesn't split whilst being cooked.

5. Heat a large pan of water to 80C and add the black puddings. Cook for about 10 minutes; it is vital that you continually move them around while cooking.

6. Remove from the pan and leave to cool.

my favorite is battered haggis
mmmmmmmmmm

I just Googled Black Pudding and on Wiki it appears that it's much much older than a Lancashire recipie.

Homer the greek fella who lived in the 8th centuary (1200 years ago) has written about a sausage made with blood, fat and oats.

:)

It's been proven that a good fry-up is healthy.

The artery clogging properties serve to force the heart to work harder, thus giving it a good work-out whilst it pumps the blood through the veins. (utter shoite of course) :)

Every time I see black-pudding, it reminds me of the ancient Lancastrian martial art of Ecky Thump.

(it utilizes long, fierce-looking Black Puddings in place of more inferior Eastern weaponry. Practitioners of the martial art are easily distinguished through their ritualistic flat caps and accompanying whippets).

The artery clogging properties serve to force the heart to work harder, thus giving it a good work-out whilst it pumps the blood through the veins. (utter shoite of course)

PMSL, you've drank more than me!

The artery clogging properties serve to force the heart to work harder, thus giving it a good work-out whilst it pumps the blood through the veins. (utter shoite of course) :)

Every time I see black-pudding, it reminds me of the ancient Lancastrian martial art of Ecky Thump.

(it utilizes long, fierce-looking Black Puddings in place of more inferior Eastern weaponry. Practitioners of the martial art are easily distinguished through their ritualistic flat caps and accompanying whippets).

My Dad was a true master of the Ecky Thump, or at least it felt like it at times ! lol

Deep fried battered pizza .... almost instant flatline !!

Deep fried and battered pizza is common place in Scottish chip shops, it's known as a 'pizza crunch'.

Does the north of England invent these things for us to try out in order to kill us off?

Is the next big thing in Lancashire going to be a battered shit?

lol

:)

They also deep fry mince pies here :)

If you get a mince pie out the chippy, take one bite then pour the fat into the frying pan. Honestly, it will be enough fat to fry up your bacon, eggs & Black pudding.....lol

@Jaffa.....I've not had Ulster fry for years, I love Ulster fry! My mum used to get it for us all the time.

Back