Scottish £1 notes

nara

Who?
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've just discovered a few in an old case. Are they still used, or have they been phased out now?

Thanks m8. I just coudn't remember seeing any the last time I was up.

thats not something iv thought about but now you mention it i cant remember the last time i saw one of them.

I've just discovered a few in an old case. Are they still used, or have they been phased out now?

No m8 they have deffo been phased out. They are now useless.
If i pm you my addy can you just post them to me lol:banana::banana:

No m8 they have deffo been phased out. They are now useless.
If i pm you my addy can you just post them to me lol:banana::banana:

Are you sure?? i had one last weekend from spa in castle douglas.. used it straight away though :S..

ill see if i can get another this weekend :)

Talking of notes.. the new scottish £5 note does resemble a euro...

Last time i had a £1 note i nwent down south for the weekend and the cheeky wee cu*t in a petrol station refused to take my £1 note i only went in to get the wee one a drink of juice as she was thirsty. I very rarely carry money now switch everything only take money when goin to the pub

Are you sure?? i had one last weekend from spa in castle douglas.. used it straight away though :S..

ill see if i can get another this weekend :)

Talking of notes.. the new scottish £5 note does resemble a euro...

I think Ian is just trying to get Nara to send him the money lol

they are still running mate.. next time you are up.. use them its a pure novelty..

since we are on the topic, I was down south for a meeting and found that cashpoint down there give you fivers which we dont have up here.. it was pure magic.

i have not seen one in a while but they must still be there .
in glasgow i have just had coin (£1)
never gave it a thought lol

i used to get my dad to send me pound notes down and take them to the local shop and buy a packet of refreshers

cos the guy allways gave me change for a fiver lol

With regards to using scottish money down south, alot of places will refuse to take the cash, as they are uneducated, and dont realise that Scotland has its own set of notes. The notes are actually worthless, and are just pieces of paper. They are actually promises to pay, and are from olden times, and act like an IOU. If any shop refuses to take a note, then explain to them that anything that holds the queens head is legal tender. Its like a lot of shops dont take £50 notes, yet they are legal tender.

Also on a side note, anyone know what is the highest value note you can have in the UK?

is it a £100 note? been paid with one of them before :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back