Scolari next Chelsea Manager

ice2004

Inactive User
Reaction score
Timing seems a bit odd considering hes the portugal manager in a big European tournament at the moment.

Chelsea have named Luiz Felipe Scolari as their new manager in succession to Avram Grant.

Scolari, who is currently in charge of Portugal at Euro 2008, will take over at Stamford Bridge on 1 July.

nice of them to let the cat out of the bag as the euro,s are on, bet the portugese players are happy with that, chelsea dont like it done to them but quite prepared to do it to others

lets see how long he's gonna last if the fans dont think hes the special one like jose

lets see how long he's gonna last if the fans dont think hes the special one like jose

the special one named himself that wen he won the european cup . this guys won the world cup ! fair enough with a good brazilian side , but the world cup is the biggest of them all . i think he'l do well at chelsea. world class manager will be good to see him pick his wits against fergusen and the likes next season :)

Scolari's contract with the Portuguese Football Federation expired after Euro 2008 anyway, I very much doubt the Federation and the portugese players didn't know about it well before the announcement

He's a great Manager but I'm not convinced he's the right man for us

Here's He's pedigree

He has never yet coached at club level in Europe never mind the prem

He led Brazil to World Cup success in 2002 (I could do that with that Brazil side .. lol)

He's won the Copa Libertadores twice (South America's Champions League) during stints in charge of Gremio and Palmeiras

Led Portugal to the Euro final in 2004

I personally would have liked to have seen Rikard as Manager, still only time will tell, lets see how great big Phil really is lol

I personally would have liked to have seen Rikard as Manager, still only time will tell, lets see how great big Phil really is lol

I'm a chelsea fan but disagree with you on this one.. dont think frank would be right.. Id go personally for Manchini..

well he lacks club experience..

lets see how he does..
he has the players for it..

I,d have liked this tossing FA ours to have stuck out for him for England! I,d still prefer an English manager but if you have to have someone non-english i would have prefered him. Root and branch they say and we end up with a sven mark 3.

As for the timing, well i,ve said it before chelski have no respect for anyone or anything.Looking forward to Alex doing another one over though. I can see those chelski fans now stiting there thinking "yes-yes we,ll win everything" in your dreams. Money-money-money aint it funny Chelski can,t win a thing!

megamanu; said:
I,d have liked this tossing FA ours to have stuck out for him for England! I,d still prefer an English manager but if you have to have someone non-english i would have prefered him. Root and branch they say and we end up with a sven mark 3.

As for the timing, well i,ve said it before chelski have no respect for anyone or anything.Looking forward to Alex doing another one over though. I can see those chelski fans now stiting there thinking "yes-yes we,ll win everything" in your dreams. Money-money-money aint it funny Chelski can,t win a thing!

Havent you got a good word for any other team but Man U?:Clap:

He turned them down!

might be wrong, so sorry if i am, but didnt he turn it down cos of the press/media and all the publicity around the would he wouldnt he be taking the position, bit of the same imo, nice of chelski to say that there'll be no more said till after the euro's due to respect but they shouldnt have said anything till after anyway if it was for respect for those concerned

Club management is a completely different ball game. With international matches you come up against the media twice every 3 months or so. It'll be interesting to see how copes with the british media almost twice a week. With reports suggesting he got £100m to spend, if he doesn't do well the media are be on his back immediately.

Havent you got a good word for any other team but Man U?:Clap:

Yes! I,ve got two! I,m not gonna say them! You can work those out yourself.:Laugh:

Regarding England! I know he turned them down,but if they,d gone at the right time i thinik they,d have got him.

He must be having a chelski moment! More money than sense.

Anyway can,t wait for his arrival and exit! He,s gonna get a right roasting after the honeymoon is over.The press are gonna have a field day.Nevermind Chelski gloryhunters there is still plenty of crying space,just love it when a thug like Terry is crying,just shows what a smug mug he is.I can see it now Terry crying on on Scolari,s shoulder "spot the nut".

Who,s gonna say how long he is gonna last? :Clap:

Well he's a fatass liar..."i only want to concentrate on Portugal at the moment" bullshit he spitting...then after only second match he's Chelski manager? wtf lol

Well now we know Ronaldo was also probably lying and will be going Real Madrid.

Luis Figo did the same when he switched from Barca to Real Madrid.

I see a trend with portugese footballers

Well he's a fatass liar..."i only want to concentrate on Portugal at the moment" bullshit he spitting...then after only second match he's Chelski manager? wtf lol

Might be payback--he didn,t exactly have it plain sailing with what shall we say the Portugese press etc

I do think though it,s wrong what they are doing in the middle of a tournament. Could be desperate measures fom Chelski to stop him going anwhere else or maybe to stop the so called tosser (the special one)poaching players etc Should have waited till either Portugal were out or the tournament finished.We,ll never know the full facts i suppose,but he,s took his first step to a being roasted me thinks!

Can,t wait till till we see him doing a Wenger wobble! A picture paints a thousand words and a bellyfull of laughs!

Bring it on!

Could be desperate measures fom Chelski to stop him going anwhere
As I said in an earlier post do you really think the Portugese never knew about all this before the announcement ? lmao who do you think bought in José Bosingwa, Scolari has been involved since Grant left, Decco is tonight strongly reported to be on he's way to, Scolari is probably also working on Ronaldo to go to Real to lol

As I said in an earlier post do you really think the Portugese never knew about all this before the announcement ? lmao who do you think bought in José Bosingwa, Scolari has been involved since Grant left, Decco is tonight strongly reported to be on he's way to, Scolari is probably also working on Ronaldo to go to Real to lol

And us Man Utd supporters are looking forward to it all going:Clap: pear shaped!

If you read my other posts I've said I'm not sure Scolari's the man, Time will tell, lets see how much you all hate him next year, I hope you hate him as much as you did Mourhino, that will show how worried you all are about us like you were with us under Mourhino lol .. anyway he has got to be better than Mr Carisma himself, Avram Grant, even you will have to agree with that

Just nice to see Gene hackman working again i used to love his films

Back