scanning problem any help

ob1knobi

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi, just got nokia dbox2 with latest sportster pro image installed from germany now tried scanning for channels got nothing. in service it does not have n*l or tw just bruteforce for cable selection, what do I have to do to get the channels please help!! I'm in the bradford west yorkshire area. read something about tuner might be problem but time on clock is ok does that rule the tuner out. thanks in advance.

m8,

If you know how to connect dbox to pc then just search for service.xml and bouquets.xml file for your area in the download section for dbox, and upload that file to your dbox using crossover cable. and that should solve the problem.

feel free to pm me if you need online help through msn.

Hope this helps.

ob1knobi said:
hi, just got nokia dbox2 with latest sportster pro image installed from germany now tried scanning for channels got nothing. in service it does not have n*l or tw just bruteforce for cable selection, what do I have to do to get the channels please help!! I'm in the bradford west yorkshire area. read something about tuner might be problem but time on clock is ok does that rule the tuner out. thanks in advance.

hi m8 first thing is always make backup of your files

then to get a perfect scan you must go to ......blue cryogenic / sportster menu......... yellow sportster mode menu......red sportster 1.73 ultra turn that on.......it will restart then do a scan with fast scan off when finished

make backup and then do the same keypresses but choose the pro and will restart and all done 100 percent scan all channels

cheers

thanx guys will try that, gav you mentioned backup files might sound a bit thick but how do you do that m8. anyone got service.xml and bouquets,xml for bradford. thanks

found service.xml for bradford having trouble with bouquets.xml, any help. thanks

ob1knobi said:
found service.xml for bradford having trouble with bouquets.xml, any help. thanks
if you cant find the bouquets for your area and you have some time on your hands then goto service bouquet editor and start playing in there and create your own bouquets and put the channels the way you like them in there

cheers

Back