Scanning messes up existing channels

madmuppet

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have tried many different images and every time I do a scan as lost a channel it messes up my other working channels

I have been updating my own service and boquets for 2 years but never found an image that will leave existing properly

For example I have the adult channels in a bouquet and all work.
If I do a scan for new channels it deletes them and although there is a new boquet with new channels it has found it has removed lots of my other channels

Why cant the images leave what is already there and just put new finds in another boquet that you can edit

It does my head in lol

Sometimes if your signal is a bit on the weak side, scanning can loose channels as well as find others.

Sounds like you want to utilise the myservices.xml file.

Thanks Devilfish if this works it will be amazing lol

So all I need to do is add all my existing channels to myservices.xml file then delete serices.xml and leave my boquet file alone

Then when I boot box back up all channels will be there and if i do a scan all my channels will remain but new finds will be in other for editing?

NO! You still need to keep the services.xml file. The put the channels that disappear after a scan in the myservices.xml file with the [add] statement. Then when you do a scan, it will add these channels back into the services file.

I suppose you could copy the contents of the services.xml file and paste it in the myservices.xml file but you would have to add an [add] statement to every channel.

I would just do it with the channels you are having problems with.

I have used the boquet wizard to copy my existing service file into a myservices file with them all added will that work then

I can see a problem though like at the moment I have lost e4+1 so if the old non working copy is added to myservices file when I rescan if it finds and add in to new others boquet will I be able to copy over then just remove the old one in myservices

Will have a play see what happens as I have all my stuff backed up anyway
Cheers

Yeah thats where I got link to boquet wizard
Will have a mess about tonight when kids out the way and will get it working
Thanks m8

when you scan in the scan menu select
BOUQUET Leave Existing
that will leave yours as is unless they have changed frequency.

Dont know how I missed this myservices malarky but its amazing

All going great just scan then add ones in other that I need to my boquets
And this time cause I have added them in myservices it is leaving existing

Cheers everybody

: multi :

Dont know how I missed this myservices malarky but its amazing

All going great just scan then add ones in other that I need to my boquets
And this time cause I have added them in myservices it is leaving existing

Cheers everybody

: multi :

You need to keep an eye on myservices.xml as if freqs are changed you can end up losing channels.

Like I say I had lost e4+1 so I done myservices.xml then I done a scan and
e4+1 was in others folder.
I just added it to my correct boquet and deleted old one so looks simple enough when freq changes

Cheers

Back