scanning for channels

matrixy

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all,

I do have a dm500c and when I am searching for channels there are some channels missing compared to my virgin vbox. I did also recognize that some channels like setanta golf have a poor quality.

Does anybody have an idea what it could be ?

matrixy

hi all,

I do have a dm500c and when I am searching for channels there are some channels missing compared to my virgin vbox. I did also recognize that some channels like setanta golf have a poor quality.

Does anybody have an idea what it could be ?

matrixy

could be your tuner m8, or your connection ! are you using a splitter? if everything connection wise is in properly and ok you more than likely need a signal booster.. PS it would help if ya if you told us what channels you were missing.

could be your tuner m8, or your connection ! are you using a splitter? if everything connection wise is in properly and ok you more than likely need a signal booster.. PS it would help if ya if you told us what channels you were missing.

well m8 I assume there is a splitter but I am not sure. I am using TV and internet via virgin.
but instead of the cable modem there is nothing more using power.

Channels I am missing are all the Discovery channels and some radio channels. My thought is that there should be the same channels as in my samsung vbox.

well m8 I assume there is a splitter but I am not sure. I am using TV and internet via virgin.
but instead of the cable modem there is nothing more using power.

Channels I am missing are all the Discovery channels and some radio channels. My thought is that there should be the same channels as in my samsung vbox.

you are correct m8 you should have all the same channels, try turning the box off, tightening up your coax input, turn it back on, and scan for channels again, some dreamboxes do have dodgy tuners mines had and i had to mess about with the coax input for a while to get all my channels, if that doesnt work i recommend you buy a good signal booster you can get one of the net for about £15 quid hope this helps.

you are correct m8 you should have all the same channels, try turning the box off, tightening up your coax input, turn it back on, and scan for channels again, some dreamboxes do have dodgy tuners mines had and i had to mess about with the coax input for a while to get all my channels, if that doesnt work i recommend you buy a good signal booster you can get one of the net for about £15 quid hope this helps.

cheers I will try my best. On the other hand I will ask my provider to check the signal and will tell them that I have often some signal failure - of course only when my original box is connected.

You should be able to check the signal at the box m8. On the remote

Press REd then BLUE and note the SNR %. This needs to be above 55,000 before you will get any channels from a scan or 'time'.
Ideally it needs to be about 62-64,000 before you'll clear all channels. If it's in between these values, you risk missing channels from a scan or existing channels freezing or stuttering.

You should be able to check the signal at the box m8. On the remote

Press REd then BLUE and note the SNR %. This needs to be above 55,000 before you will get any channels from a scan or 'time'.
Ideally it needs to be about 62-64,000 before you'll clear all channels. If it's in between these values, you risk missing channels from a scan or existing channels freezing or stuttering.

Thanks m8 - I have checked this and it is sometimes less than 50,000. That should be the reason for the missing channels. Therefor I will need a signal booster...

Thanks m8 - I have checked this and it is sometimes less than 50,000. That should be the reason for the missing channels. Therefor I will need a signal booster...

try a yellow brick signal booster m8 get it online they are supposd to be the best!

cheers I will try my best. On the other hand I will ask my provider to check the signal and will tell them that I have often some signal failure - of course only when my original box is connected.

Not that I am an expert in this matter but I do know that a signal which is too strong causes as many problems as one which is too weak - be careful what you ask for!

Back