Scan but no Chanels

W

Woody Wood

Hi I have now got two Nokia 2Xi D-Box 2's, I have two as the guy in Scotland I got the first one of sent me another to try just to make sure it wasn't a faulty box (many thanks what a good guy).
I have tried several different images now using Sportster 1.7 downloaded yesterday(many thanks) doing a brute force scan and still doesent find any chanels or transponders. I live at Tidworth in Wiltshire and I think my area is Southampton, Tried puting in my own cable xml done using vox calc then ftp ing it to the box with Flash FXP. stil I get no chanels or transponders. I have been at it now for about a month I have read that many forum sites they are coming out of my ears and the wife is on at me as i am on the PC all the time and wasting money on DBox's any help I can get would be apreciated.:Cheers:

Try Gav's latest updated image (search this forum for the link as its not yet available in the downloads section)... it seems to be better at scanning.

Do both boxes fail to find channels or is it just the one? If both fail then it is a signal strength or connection problem.

Woody Wood said:
Hi I have now got two Nokia 2Xi D-Box 2's, I have two as the guy in Scotland I got the first one of sent me another to try just to make sure it wasn't a faulty box (many thanks what a good guy).
I have tried several different images now using Sportster 1.7 downloaded yesterday(many thanks) doing a brute force scan and still doesent find any chanels or transponders. I live at Tidworth in Wiltshire and I think my area is Southampton, Tried puting in my own cable xml done using vox calc then ftp ing it to the box with Flash FXP. stil I get no chanels or transponders. I have been at it now for about a month I have read that many forum sites they are coming out of my ears and the wife is on at me as i am on the PC all the time and wasting money on DBox's any help I can get would be apreciated.:Cheers:

This will sound silly but do you have live cable feed in your house? Have you checked it?

Both boxs dont find chanels It was posibly gav' I downloaded yesterday of a link from another thread. ye I have a live cable feed I am on NTL Broad band, My normal TV picks up Sky news and ITV 2 and a few other chanels but the D Box don't even get FTA chanels

have you tried the scan with these options

scan for services...only tv

boquet....leave current

cable provide......choose for your area..(very important)

fast scan....off

start scan and wait until it has finished press ok then go back to tv and change channel

cheers

Have you tried connecting the box to the same feed that your broadband is on? I.e... detach the cable modem and put the DBOX in its place to see if it picks up anything...

I have just put a signal booster in the line and still get nothing, Conection should be Ok as am sat at PC using the cable from my Modem, only draw back have to go of line every time I try somthing new. Will be off line again will try your setings Gav cheers

maybe you should ask for the basic tv pack from your cable company that way you know for sure thats the best thing to do m8

cheers

Try these cables.xml and scan.conf

Copy both of them to /var/tuxbox/config using your FTP client.
Hard power down the box (power off at mains, don't shutdown via remote)
Power up....do a new scan making sure that FAST SCAN is OFF.

devilfish

its the same thats in my image m8 just the name is different but the rest is the same so if he has my image no need in changing as i have just studied yours m8

thanks for sharing anyway

but one other thing when you share files like the cables.xml and scan.conf like that

you will need to mod the zapit 755 file and put that in the rar with the rest to get the perfect scan otherwise it wont pickup everything m8

just a point

cheers m8

I have noticed Southampton has 2 Net Id's 41048 and 41071 one freq 666750. do I haveto put net id in any files, I am presuming Southampton as that is the NTL server for the internet

Woody Wood said:
I have noticed Southampton has 2 Net Id's 41048 and 41071 one freq 666750. do I haveto put net id in any files, I am presuming Southampton as that is the NTL server for the internet

southhampton is Symbol rate is 6952 so do a search under cable provider click ok until Sym6952 comes up m8 then try it

cheers

i have found an services.xml for your area m8 here it is

Cheers Gav will FTP it now and give it a go thanks for all the help will let u know how i got on

Back