Scam call warning: Amazon Prime ‘renewal’

joe516

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
An automated scam call is impersonating Amazon Prime, telling victims their subscription will be ‘renewed’ for £39.99. Here’s what you need to watch out for.
We’ve been made aware of an automated scam phone call designed to trick Amazon Prime customers into connecting with a fraudulent ‘account manager’.

It’s similar in tactics to the ‘Visa fraud department‘ call, which also instructs victims to ‘press 1’ to be connected.

From here, it’s highly likely scammers will attempt to extort bank details and/or personal data from you.
https://conversation.which.co.uk/money/amazon-prime-renewal-scam-phone-call/?fbclid=IwAR1Fe1er4ftlqRS6NFa-aZVQT1khSendcF1blTI1Q1Vc4upTWVJJG7N_Pyo

I have been called a number of times from these fraudsters, as I don't have Prime was suspicious of it and hung up.
Everyone should be aware of anyone claiming to be from any company.

Yeah I get them all the time and the Amazon emails.
I get a really wierd one regular but the number pops up so I always pick it up. Its a pre recorded message of a Chinese person babbling on, anyone else had that?

I must get about 4 at day at work I just hang up on them.

thanx , yes I had 2 calls from them this morning , I to was suspicious of it as I don't have prime

Has nobody had the chinese speaking woman with chinese music ?.

3 times I tried put my order in but she wouldn't shut the F up

I haven't had a scam phonecall for a number of years, "Sean" from Microsoft was the last regular one. Used to keep them on the line for ages, actually had one of them swearing at me for sussing him out!

No use calling me on the business phone as no internet in garage:p:p

Back