sb5100e still giving me cr*p!

name750

Inactive User
Reaction score
I followed the sb5100e tut exactly but it didn't want to know.
Once i changed the settings by telnet it seemed woarse if anything.

I did however save my flash.
Now i realise why you do this.
Just one file to load and your sb back to normal.

I have no problem connecting as a clone by just changing the mac.
Once the first mac goes online and the modem learns the settings . You can change macs and they work in seconds!!!

I'll have a 10meg mac soon enough so wont really matter about all this sigma nonsense.

laters........

dude are you telling me SB5100e is a good modem to have if you are in the ex-c/w area and clone modems and get free internet without gettin caught

It's ok??
I'm getting a sb4200e they are supposed to be easyer??
I have managed to get the sb5100e online with a cloned mac no trouble and it stayed on find.
It was a high mac addy but didn't seem to accept the high config??but i'm gonna try this agin when i get a spare one.
I then managed to get sigma-x going on it with the high config ,but it was fussy and got kicked off twice.
I would still probably have it online now if i had a coax splitter,but couldn't be botherd.so just got my slow assed sub on for now.

so in your opinion should i get the SB5100E or something else. because i cant get any other Surfboard...and i wanna really start messin with the internet

Can't really give you that answer yet.
I will have a sb4200e before xmas and then i can give you an opinion.
If you have a blackcat jtag and a sb5100e and are happy with just having a clone then it's great.
You can change the mac addy with the blackcat withe ease and just leave it on the original firmware.
It gets a lot more frustrating when you go into sigma.
I've onlr read stuf a the moment but you have a bit more choice of fromware with sb4***e's i.e. sigma or hackware and seeing as sigma has a backdoor in it and could be finished over night maybe they would be the best bet.
Maybe someone will read this who has asb4***e and let us know??

I have been doing a few tests on my 5100i`s firstly with a pirated copy of sigma and then with a legit copy , the pirated copy would not sync on the d/s or u/s , then tried with the legit download and it logged on straight away, don`t know if this has any relevance to your situation as the 5100e are obviously different.

Regards

You might have something there.
I tried and tried with tuts people had given me and although i had bought the blackcat from tcniso i still had got a copy of it before it arrived.
On the last attempt that worked i use the tcniso copy of sigma from the members section.
You have got it a lot easyer in a docsis area though.
although sigam-x does support euro doscsis it's a second thought and there must be a lot more unfixed bugs than in docsis.
I'd love it if tw came down my road.
I'd have 4 ambits on ten meg going for a start!!!

If you goto your account on tcniso there is an option to put in your cd key of blackcat and then it gives you the option to download sigma (i presume it`s the same one as in the members section) . I have tried this about 5 times on both 5100 with the same results.

Regards

name750 said:
If you have a blackcat jtag and a sb5100e and are happy with just having a clone then it's great.

i dont understand, it thought if you copy a mac address you have a clone. so therefore have free internet

Yeah that bit is if you buy a licence for a sigma for modems other than sb5100's.We get a licence with our blackcats and get updates automatically.
i got an email today that sigma-x2 will be available soon.
I think it's a bit weird all this licence stuff.
It's all about cloning and uncapping and then you got to be a member and buy licences?
That means we are all on a data base soemwhere??
Not very rock and roll is it?
Have you been in the members forum yet?
Its crap!!!
If we got to buy all this stuff then were is the after sales??
Come to think of it were's the instruction?
Oh yeah when you installed your sigma did you set the offset and did you do the flasherinnet command and stuff?
I was told by a few that got it going not to bother?

buying a licence? that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard, so you have to buy a licence to be able to nick internet?

buying a licence? that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard, so you have to buy a licence to be able to nick internet?

name750 said:
Oh yeah when you installed your sigma did you set the offset and did you do the flasherinnet command and stuff?
I was told by a few that got it going not to bother?

There was no need to set the offset as it is done automatically in build 120 , it was only on builds 118 and lower that all that had to be set.

Regards

Back