SB5100E power led flashing?

b3nnyb0y

Banned
Reaction score
Hi there i got a SB5100e this morning had a play in sigma etc etc right then just now i followed a tut and typed cd non-vol in telnet then clear device the modem like stopped responding it did this b4 so i had to be quick i was to slow now all i get is pc ativity light on and the power led flashes over and over... nothing happens like just flashes. Also i cant access 192.168.100.1 or telnet :( is it fubared?

yes blinking power light means firmwares gubbed, reflash it

its sh*te that benny.
i tried it like 4 or five times and it didnt really work for me.
I followed it precisely.
It says that default settings aren't a good idea.
i was speaking to the guy that got it going when i was on the sb5100i but i don't know what i'm doing wrong.
I'm happy enough for know just putting a 120 mac address on the modem with the original frimware.
I got the complete file.
Just write all and it's back to normal .
High macs dont give you 10 meg though. i think you might need a moto mac to do that.
Have you got a blackcat yet.
Still ahven't fixed that other one yet.

i swapped the other SB5100I for a SB5100E got it this morning :drink: i need a blackcat man badly i mean i really need one :( i just dont wanna pay 330 or w/e for it i even have the parts just confused on what to do like i would like a made one

you have the parts and the diagram? what bits dont you understand? you'd be far quicker learning how to build it cos it's simple stuff

Back