sb5100 - 5100i cloneing

alvinder1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys just a little tuturiol of me ... not a hard one (except for makeing the lead).....right here goes

1 build blackcat leadm scematics are below chip used is from maplins sn74ls244n (90puk) 5 100 ohm resistors , 1 stripped usb lead seperating red and black wires (reds live and blacks earth ) and i used the pins sticking out of an old motherboard ( where the case atatches to the motherboard..pins sticking out when unsoldered and put back in there plastic holder they make an ideal solderles 10 pin jtag point)
right u have built the lead which is pretty useless without the software which i now have an original iso downloaded using bittorrent and i will put the link to the torrent below (note if the torrent is dead email me and i will arrange sending you the file over the net somehow)

right u have the lead and the software installed...plug your jtag lead into the modem making sure it is contacting all 10 pins holes (diagram below )..and power up the modem ... start the SchwarzeKatze.exe and you should have a message tellin you that it is connected to a broadcom chip.... goto the sb5100 tab and where it says media access control (MAC) changer clic on READ, right there is the current mac adress....save this to a note pad if u want....now we need to insert a mac adress we know works ( i test all mine on a sb4200 first just to make sure they work and to tell me the configuration file(so i know what speed it is)).. if you havnt got one of these download etherael and read the tuturiol on this page for etherael..
insert your working mac adress at MAC address and where it says ethernet adress paste the same number in here with the last didgit changed up one ..
so it should be like this
MAC Address 12:34:56:78:90:AB
Ethernet Address 12:34:56:78:90:AC
AND THEN CLIC CHANGE.....
UNPLUG LEAD AND POWER THEN INSERT COAX AND POWER UP MODEM
IF YOU PICKED UP AN ADRESS THAT WORKS THE MODEM SHOULD NOW BOOT UP USING THE CONFIGURATION FOR THAT NUMBER.
JOBS A GOOD ONE.. I KNOW THIS WORKS AS I HAVE ALREADY DONE FOUR
APPOLOGIES TO BENNY FOR NOT SENDING A MODEM.. MY DOOWNLOAD FINISHED AND THE SOFTWARE WORKED SORRY
GOOD LUCK ALL

ALL FILES CAN BE FOUND HERE
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/downloads.php

Last edited:
Just a point about the blackcat.
I've used it to death now putting frimware,bios's and bootloaders on and off.
All i could get from maplins was a five pin header so that's what i soldered on and a corisponding socket.
I soldered a single wire to where the diagram is marked ground(earth). and i just a single 5amp connector block to attach and de-attach it.
I did'nt bother connecting it last time to see if it would still work.
It did,meaning the blackcat detected the broadcom chip.
Someone else mentioned that there was also no need for voltage wire's on the blackcat diagram if you were to use 5v from usb.
I don't really understand all this but i know what works and what does'nt from my own experience.
I'm gonna fix up my second attemp at jtag soon.
I'll see if all those pins really need to be connected.
Or if someone could tell me who understands ,are they safety feature for the sb pcb.
Oh yeah! I bought a switch today for that pin 11 b*ll*cks!

name

if you follow the lead scematic ^^^^^^ up there and use usb for power you shouldnt have any trouble ( although i must point out that this did not work on a socket 7 or socket 370 computer (dunno why) but it worked on both p4 (478 and 775))
maplins are doing the pins i used to make a solderless jtag device and they are part no.JW62S pin strip 2x36st £0.85 each
dont forget 5 100 ohm resistors and the ls244 chip ...nut all i can say is all the information at the top is all correct since i have now done nearly ten of these babies and only had 1 casualty (dunno why) infact i like these modems better than the old 4200's as whatever the cc's do you can always reflash the tsop

Back