SB4200I Expert advice needed here

geeuk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello Fellas and helpful buddys (for a sec i thought i was in america (lol) dudes:proud:..)

Rite this is the senario

At home i have subsicrebed to internet with tw i connected a sb4200i which gets 10 megs at home. then i took it to my freind who lives about 2miles away from me so this modem works ok for me.

when i took to my mates house which he does not have internet from tw at all just the tw box on the wall watching tv from it. it came on with the power and receive lights on but the send light kept flashing....

Is this because of the dodgy cable he might have or does he have to have internet frequency enabled t othe line from tw so the modem can pick up the freq it needs?

helping is needed here fellas give us a hand plz.

Geeos

I got subbed int3ernet,but not telly,but i got telly if you know what i mean.
I did hear a bloke on here say that you could bung a cable guy a few quid to turn up your signal??
I'm not sure if this is possible or how you find a doggy cable geezer??
when you took it back home did it work ok??
It seems like when i first cloned my moto it took a little while to learn the signal.
Once it had you could change the mac and it would kick in imeadiatly.

yes his signal is on what im asking is does it need a special feed coming from tw??? or what db it should get for modem? i mean i can be a tw guy any minute and be on your roads greenbox lol (i hope you know what i mean)

can some who knows and got a answer please reply :Cheers:

yea the modem works at home

You dont need any special modem feed, having tv is enough, maybe the power levels were low but it's unlikley, did you try with tv disconnected?, did you check the logs?, was it's d/s frequency ok (sometimes it dissappears , 331000000).
Or it could have been a mac address problem, did u try it at 2 diff peoples houses? and if so how far away was the one it didn't work at.

Any of the above are possible.

my mate lives about 2 miles away from me still dont know whats wrong

i will soon try another house

Back