sb4200e Firmware

Wanyib

Inactive User
Reaction score
Does anyone have a sb4200e hacked firmware that they can send me?

I specifically need version SB4200E-0.4.4.6-SCM00-NOSH BUT ANY 4200E FIRMWARE WILL DO.

I have FINALLY got my blackcat working but when I changed the firmware it will not lock onto any signals!!!!

If I put the origional firmware back on it will lock on..........

I am trying to do the sigma 1.4L guide as that is specifically for EuroDocsis modems but can't find the above named firmware ANYWHERE.....

Also when I try to telnet into the modem, I can't get the frequency scanning to stop. It is asking me for a username and then a password..... Tried root root and jmcqueen rickey7 but no use? It says in the guide to type in BroadcomDebugMode(1); to stop the frequency scanning but that does not work due to needing a username and password........

SOMEONE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE HELP ME.

Promise you'll let me know how you do it.
I got a sb4200e coming.I also got a sb4200i for my brother.Had a little go and gave up staright away.
I also got 2 sb5100i's and a sb5100e.
Only managing to get cloned macs on them at the moment.
good luck

Thanx

Will give it a try now and let you know, takes about 25mins to load the firmware on.

Speak soon, hopefully on a 10mb connection!!!!!

I've managed to enter commands in the broadcom shell within sigma.
It definetly changed the docsis to euro with the annex_a command.
But killed the modem again.
Maybe you can use other hackware and do it like that?
Euro docsis sucks!!!
Although i'm sure some have managed it.so what's wrong with us?

Thanks matey!
I had a link to a fibercoax page that had everthing you could ever want on it.
Took it for granted and now it's gone down.
I'll need these sooner or later.
And now i know there's a backdoor in sigma firmware it's put me right off.
cheers again

Hi Guys,

@ name750

The Sigma firmware you posted for me worked, to an extent.... I was unable to change my mac address as it was greyed out.... But it did lock onto the frequency's.

Also when I put the name of a config file in it would not get it from the tftp server, how do I find out what my tftp server is?

@ g3o

Thanks for posting those, I am just loading in the MODIFIED FIBERWARE as I type. However it would be nice if you could explain the difference between the two that you have posted?

Thanks to all in advance. I will come back here once I have tried the next 'culprit' firmware......

i dont know the diff as i dont have an E modem, i just have them, you can tell us though :), the 1.4L version is like the trial version of sigma, dont waste your time with that, anything he gives away free is shite.

Just tried the first one, doesn't seem to do much really apart from change the colours and logo's in the firmware. Did give it a FCoax tab but that had nothing in it to configure.......

Also it only locked onto a downstream, would not lock onto upstream......

Loading on the XWARE one now, lets hope this one works or I am all out of firmwares to try, unless anyone has more 4200E firmwares I can have a stab at?

Fingers crossed for 'XWARE' to work..........

just been to other forum this guy got his going

Yeeeeeha

ive just managed to sort it out but what a nightmare..

what i had to do was netboot SB4200-0.4.4.5-SCM01-NOSH-2.02.hex and that is the 4200I firmware via netboot just so it gave me a hack tab, then i changed the mac address rebooted the modem so it went back to the original firmware. then netboot fiberware so i could change the config file...

all good and running at 10meg now.. but there must be a better way to do it then this

Well, looks like I have killed my sb4200E!!!!

Tried all the different firmwares and it seemed to stop flashing properly. I say that because when I loaded the firmware on only the top light came on which I believe is power? Lost the sticker off the front so not sure!

Tried flashing 2 other firmwares and the same thing happened so put the origional back on and that did the same also!!!!!!

I made a backup of the bootloader when I first got the cable working so re-flashed my bootloader image to the modem thinking maybe that was corrupt and now the top 3 lights come on and the orange one at the bottom which I think is online?

Have I totally screwed my sb4200E or can it be fixed with a FULL flash or by other means?

Going to bed now, stressed from messing with this F@*KING B@STARD £97 piece of SH!T modem!!!!!!!!! 3 F*@KING weeks and still not got the F*@KING thing going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please someone tell me it can be fixed, and how to................

if its like the sp42001 yes it can be fixed but you are going to need a r323 lead

I thought the blackcat cable was for doing the repairs...? And that the 'max' cables was just for changing the mac etc.....

I can't even get into the modem anymore and my blackcat has stopped reading the chip so going to rebuild my blackcat cable and see if that helps.

sorry m8 on the sb4200i it can be fixed with a max 233 , i thought they would be the same lay out

you can fix it with a 232/3 deff, and im 100% sure your blackcat will fix it too.
and FYI flashing power light does mean the firmwares fecked (on all sb models)

Flashing

The lights aren't flashing, they are constantly lit. What does that mean?

have you rebooted it/
I'm sure you've done everything.
shite euro docsis really sucks!!!
I thought hackware was suppsed to be easy. It seems more difficult than an ambit!
i think i got one in the post but missed the man again.

never seen that but id still guess it's screwed :), until u reflash it that is.

remember you can use non euro docsis to recover modem, sure it wont sync but as was posted in one of your other threads you might have to install that to change macs (hackware for 4200) then install e docsis firmware (even if it's 1.4l) to get it going.

Rebboted, Reflashed, Rebboted, Reflashed, Rebboted, Reflashed, Rebboted, Reflashed, Rebboted, Reflashed.........

Just keep getting top 3 lights and orange one at bottom. Was just getting top green light constant and tried numerous firmwares with nothing different happening, then flashed my backed-up bootloader to it and have had the 3 green 1 orange ever since..

Cant even 192.168.100.1 into it......

Have flashed every firmware going into it, still the same......

Back