sb4200 would it work?

geeuk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hiya,

I have a sb4200 i tried flashing it using the netboot i got the downloaded the instructions from the sb4100 tut which i downloaded here.

its a sb4200i would it work?

i flashed it but the lights kept flashing and nothing happend

Did you use the correct files?
i.e the ones for a sb4200.
If you bugger the frimware you need to use your max233 to reflash it or.
My favorite thing at the moment BLACKCAT!

right so can i flash the box using NetBoot.exe? i have the vxWorks.st i suppose they are for sb4100 do you know where i can get the files for sb4200?

i couldnt get the hack.html page for some reason it keeps sayin page not found (not 404)

have u even looked in the downloads section? or read any similar threads about surfboards.

vxworks only lets u get the 192.168.100.1/tcniso page....what u need to do is close netboot and run tfpd and direct it to the firmware (example SB4100-0.4.4.5-SCM01-NOSH-2.03) and then put the ip it shows at bottom into your tcniso page and also the name of the firmware and then click update and wait

Iam gonna do a tutorial for it when i get time

Yes please do.
I get the genral idea ,but unless you have got a sb4*** to try it's all theory for me.
I'm euro docsis so i'm waiting for a modem to arrive.
i got one coming but it's a long wait.
If you do a tut already it wont be such hard work like evrything else is.
ta!

i tried to get into the after i flashed the .st file http://192.168.100.1/tcniso.html but i get The requested URL was not found on this server. what am i doing wrong here guys? how do i get into tfpd directly?

i have flashed the modem with SB4100-0.4.4.5-SCM01-NOSH-2.03.hex.bin now the light is always on i think i killed it fukin hell

by the way its a sb4200i

i have flashed the modem with SB4100-0.4.4.5-SCM01-NOSH-2.03.hex.bin now the light is always on i think i killed it fukin hell

Why on earth would you flash a 4200 with a 4100 firmware?, dont you read anything, there's allready about 10 tutorials floating around then net, and a couple in the downloads section here. If you took the time to understand them you would see it's a piece of piss to flash a 4x correctly.

never mind sorry mate i will get this fixed asap i was an idiot i dont know how i made that mistake im going to maplin now to get the max233 chip and build the flasher

cheers for your help

i have fixed it thank you all i built the flasher (max233) i am going to write as tut as promised but can you tell mee where i put the mac address to? i am going to try the modem in a minute let me clean up my room!

cheers fellas

ok i think i have completed it now the modem has 4 megs instead of the 2.

check out my hack.html page i suppose its correct?

if someone can confirm this i can start writing a guide about how i done it :Cheers:

Whats TFPD ive never used it on any of my Motos if i've ever had a bad flash or wrong firmware i just reflash using serial method.

Can't you put a 10mb config in that window??
and just hit change?
glad you got it all going

i did it mate fully works the tut should be on its way soon cheers

here is the sb2400 tut as promised just a quick one i need to work for my comptia a+ test sorry guys.

maybe a better one later on

Back