SB4100i netboot problem...help please

kyle

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, when using netboot to flash the sb4100i (as per tut) i keep getting the same error:

Sending reset request...unknown error

i have all the right settings ( i have done this before) but have never come across this. The current firmware is:

Software Version: SB4100-4.0.6-SCM-NOSHELL
Hardware Version: 0
MIB Version: II
GUI Version: 1.0
VxWorks Version: 5.3

and i have been told that this is unlocked,

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=822252#post822252

but still i have the error and would appreciate some help from you knowledgeable peeps

Thanks ky

You should get further than that even with locked firmware. Double check that your network card settings are correct, disable any other network cards, wireless etc. Make sure all AV and firewalls are off. You could also try re-booting your PC.

I take it you can get to the modem web page on 192.168.100.1 - try resetting defaults on the modem configuration page.

You should get further than that even with locked firmware. Double check that your network card settings are correct, disable any other network cards, wireless etc. Make sure all AV and firewalls are off. You could also try re-booting your PC.

I take it you can get to the modem web page on 192.168.100.1 - try resetting defaults on the modem configuration page.

Yes the webpage works fine i will give the reset to default setting a go though

thanks

problem sorted, i had to uncheck then recheck "Reset modem before booting" on netboot then it took the file so it now works cheers

Kyle

Back