SB4100 just some questions

geeuk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello Guys i have been for a couple of weeks i have finished installing my dbox2 so im moving on to internet now.

Well i want to do a favour for a mate and get him to see i can get him on his line (which has analog tv) he lives in a tw area i got a spare sb4100 at home im gonna take it over but i just wanted to ask you guys a few questions.

i have downloaded a sb4100 tut which gives me instructions i have readed it it looks really easy... but i dont know how i am going to get macs? do i have to search for macs at my house? my mate lives at my area (North London)? would i search for other pplz mac address or my own mac address?

and i heard that you get disconnected often is this true?

:Cheers:

If you live far enough away, you would scan for macs at your location.
Not you mac other macs.
The ambit modems are the ones that disconnect in ntl areas.
You can use an amit(silver ntl thing) in a tw area and they say it's bullet proof.
You could do him an ambit and sell the 4100 for lots and lots on ebay.
they go for craxy money.
Mind you. I'm giving someone who works for me a sb5100e for xmas??

any one got SIGMAX-1.06_RC4 and blackat120 softwere

@name750

can you tell me the specific model of amit which i have to buy? and is there a tut for it on the net? i only read the sb4100 manual cheers :Cheers:

using an ambit on TW is dumb, keep your surfboard because TW wont take long to zap all the ambits that stick out like a big sore thumb and then you will be back to needing a surfboard, Ambit with no hacked firmware better than a surfboard, nah

so sb4100 is ok?

so this is how you do it ? please tell me if its wrong

1. I do a search using my original sb4100 at my house look for macs and i would find one.

2. When i get a mac i will go to my mates house flash the modem with the program which i downloaded

3. enter the mac i got from my house into his sb4100.

is this correct? please correct me if im wrong

yes the 4100 is good, keep it as they get more scarce everyday.
The mac thing depends on distance and ubr, do a search for ubr.
yes once u have a valid mac go to your mates house flash the modem (loads of tuts here aswell) and enter mac.
It is that easy but doesn't always go that easy.

how do i search ubr mate? and do i type it in or load a saved file made by dhcp force?

i just done a search found some macs but i dont really know how to save the mac for modem usage? btw i flashed the modem

4100 pain in the ass

right got my self a sb and havin major problems here goes

i scaned on my comp using dhcp force got my macs put it in the HFC Mac Address
but also played with the USB CPE ADDRESS (i know i shouldn't have but can't reset it )

i connect to the net for about 5-10 min then it just dies and resets it self what am i doing wrong

you have to put your filename into Filename eg cm-1204-384 and put the TFTP IP All this is under userdefined configuration file

Back