Sb400E on telewest, which tut ??!!!

loady

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have an sb5100E which i need to use on telewest, i got it from france...i have read numerous threads and different tuts and i am very confused now.

Basically i want to know which firmware i need to put on the modem so it is set permantly to sync once i have changed the MAC....i hear of some people having to do telnet stuff ?

Another problem i have is the bootloader TCNiSO_Bootloader_v2.5.91.bin that comes in the same folder as the sigma 1.06.bin firmware, when i use this bootloader it renders the modem with no lights or connectivity...if i then use a botloader from another firmware, namely the LITE ones it will boot up fine.

can someone point me to a clear and concise tut to get an sb5100E working on TW ?

Thanks.

as far as my knowledge goes m8, i think the E will only work in EX C&W area only. can some one confirm this pls.

Hi loady, I struggled with my 5100e I got, trying to get it on TW, but I'll make a complete memory dump, and upload it when I get the chance later on, if thats ok, will save you fart arsing about like I had to

Mines running sigma 1.06, so should just be a case of fire up blackcat, and program it.

I did my 1st 5100 on Sunday. Used this tut and files....

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=88622

Don't bother with the bootloader, just use the 'read/write all' function in blackcat build 128.

Enter 331000000 on the freq page (don't enter anything in the other two box's) then goto the shell commands page and enter

UpdateSettings and click (I cant remember what it says)

Will look later @ home and post back more if u need it.

thats just for a normal 5100, the 5100e is different.

I tried a total memory dump from a 5100 on my 5100e and it refused to boot up.

thats just for a normal 5100, the 5100e is different.

I tried a total memory dump from a 5100 on my 5100e and it refused to boot up.

Ah sorry, ignore my post. Just saw the 5100 telewest bit.

Back