Browser saved passwords dissapear

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys running windows 7 64 bit on my toshiba laptop with mozilla firefox latest as my broweser..its odd but after 4 or 5 weeks sometimes longer all my username and passwords that are saved seem to dissapear and i have to enter the username and password again...sometimes i cant remember the password or username because its been so long since ive been on that site...is there something deleteing these saved usernames and passwords....? i could reneter them all again because from my browser "tools" " saved passwords" settings i can see what it is but its the hassle of going throught it all again.

I use Firefox but don't use the password save option, I use https://lastpass.com/ and you only have to remember one password as they are all saved online, it also logs you into sites automatically.

i use Best Password Manager, 1 click Form Filler, Cloud, Android, iOS Password Manager / Sticky Password similar to above, just one password to remember, a good option is you can make it portable on a usb, database is encrypted so if you did lose usb then its still safe so if you going to a mates house then all you sites are availble on his pc, when you take usb out there is no trace.

it can be used for all passwords on the net and apps on the pc and individual documents.

i was impressed i was using a cracked version but for 2 reasons (1 you never know with cracked software and i was very impressed) i bought a liecence

you can use with 10 or so different browsers you can also select a specific browser for a particular site say for example you normally use firefox and are surfing but you want to open DigiWorld and for some reason we have all be instructed to use opera browser only for DigiWorld you can set it so when you click the link in sticky password it will open opera and then DigiWorld and then autofill user name and password, job done.

there is the usual password generator up to 99 chars... tbh i have absolutely no idea what most of my passwords are you just set password length and if to include special chars and click the button, it is easy to use my Mrs has no problems using on her pc.

if you decide to have a look it will automatically download any passwords stored in any browsers and will then advise you to turn off the save password in browser option as they are not secure if you say yes it will do it for you.

i think the free version from the above home page will give you a full working program not time limited but will only give you 15 entries.

Back