Not a Bug save draft issue when deleting content. (DRAFTS)

smoggie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
test

EDIT: I posted this because I had wrote something and decided not to post it but even though I deleted the content it kept coming back if I refreshed the page, I also logged out but it was still there when I logged in, so I deleted it again and entered test (to get rid of it)

Last edited:
test

EDIT: I posted this because I had wrote something and decided not to post it but even though I deleted the content it kept coming back if I refreshed the page, I also logged out but it was still there when I logged in, so I deleted it again and entered test (to get rid of it)
That's been happening for me ever since we went to the upgraded forum

Same here, never thought anything of it....
That's been happening for me ever since we went to the upgraded forum

The forum Saves a draft of everything you write incase you lost the page, this is a feature of the forum.

It saves periodically as you are writing, so it might not know if you deleted it. because it would not of saved after you deleted it right away.

Mick

Moved posts to a new thread as this is not the same issue as the original thread which is about a reply box disappearing.

Thank you.

Mick

A quick tip for those that are wondering about the SAVE DRAFT versioning.

If you really want to get rid of the content you saved and not have it come back, there is a DISK icon on the menu bar (where it has BOLD, ITALIC, UNDERLINE, ETC)... right at the end of the bar it actually glows green when it has saved

Click it and press the delete draft.

Cheers
Mick

I delete the text if I decide not to post then it doesn't come back :).

Never worked for me, always came back.

Just tried it again and it disappeared, confused o_O

In the past I think I had to type a character, maybe a space. Then the forum software probably strips whitespace leaving it blank.

This is not a Bug.

This is just how the save drafts work. it's saved periodically like every 30 seconds.

if you delete your text but leave the page before it saves (ie 30 seconds) then it will bring back the text...

if you watch the SAVE DISK icon while you are typing you will notice it periodically glowing green, this indicates a save...

Mick

Last edited:
I think it’s a good idea because if you have typed long post and accidentally leave the thread, you have not lost what you going to post.

Back